Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing that $3750 credit for taking delivery in Dec 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a Model 3 LR on Dec 4 in Stockton, CA, and have been waiting since then for the $3750 credit Tesla advertised. I have called them twice (waiting >30 min on hold both times) - once just before the new year and once today - and both times have been told the check is "in processing." It will be a paper check, mailed to the address on the account, not an electronic credit to the bank that you used to pay for the new car. Today, they told me that Tesla did not START processing all of these credits for December deliveries until January and that it would take 6 to 8 weeks for the processing to be completed. So, basically, you may not see that check until the end of February even though you paid for it at the beginning of December!

I have been waiting for my 3,750 dollar check from Tesla for about 3 weeks (part of the incentives), and today I got a check for 3.75. Yes 3 dollars and 75 cents. I am pissed, especially since I have to telephone them, etc... I am thinking they are three decimal off.

I have been waiting for my 3,750 dollar check from Tesla for about 3 weeks (part of the incentives), and today I got a check for 3.75. Yes 3 dollars and 75 cents. I am pissed, especially since I have to telephone them, etc... I am thinking they are three decimal off.
Holey money! I'm still waiting for the car that I took delivery on on Dec 4. I don't know which is worse: your situation or mine?

Update after waiting on hold for another 30 min with Tesla: my $3750 credit check for the Model 3 that I purchased on Dec 4, 2022, was "closed out" by Tesla on Jan 28 and should take 2 -3 weeks to arrive at my registered address. When I pointed out that 3 weeks is this Saturday, Feb 18, the guy said, "Yep, hopefully, you'll be receiving that check any day now." That's the best they can do.

I'm also still waiting for my new license plates, and Tesla apparently didn't upload my registration documentation until Dec 27, more than 3 weeks after I purchased and took delivery. He tells me, "It's very typical for DMV to take 60 - 90 days to process and for the plates to get to you, so hopefully, you'll be getting those plates any day now." Wonder how many times he says "hopefully" to Tesla customers? So, even though Tesla took 3 weeks to submit my paperwork, and DMV typically takes 60 - 90 days, my temp plates expire Mar 4, and if I get stopped for expired plates, I'm supposed to just tell the cop, "I'm still waiting on DMV to deliver the plates to me."