Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Wheel Apron Retainer Clip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am the proud owner of a 2022 Model Y. Yesterday when cleaning the wheel well, I notice three retainers are missing from the passenger side rear wheel apron. Where is the best place to look for replacement parts? The searches I've done are returning matches for push rivets.

Attachments

• Wheel Apron.jpg
    Wheel Apron.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 221
  • Retaining clip.jpg
    Retaining clip.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 199
Try:

and

Will give you extras to keep on-hand
Nope, those aren't what's missing. Like OP, I am missing many of these retainers as well. They're a black threaded piece of plastic that screw onto metal studs sticking out of the bodywork. I've tried very hard to find replacements online -- without luck. I even bought a large back of something that was supposed to be the correct part only to find out they were not. I was excited when I saw your link but, unfortunately, that's not what's missing in our cars.

It's almost like a plastic nut. I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere. I had a service technician out for something else and he replaced a few but didn't have enough. He told me to put in a service call for more but I'd rather have my own supply. I was missing about 10 of them... still have about 4 missing.

Upvote 0
Plastic Push Nut then - I was thinking it was a damaged push pin. So from the Tesla Service Manual parts breakout it's:

PUSH-NUT,M6X18,PPPN# 1110713-99-C

At least one non-Tesla source is:

or just search on "PUSH-NUT,M6X18,PP". It's a popular item that's out of stock at many locations, but it can be found. There is a qauntity of 18 of them in the Model Y

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Plastic Push Nut then - I was thinking it was a damaged push pin. So from the Tesla Service Manual parts breakout it's:

PUSH-NUT,M6X18,PPPN# 1110713-99-C

At least one non-Tesla source is:

or just search on "PUSH-NUT,M6X18,PP". It's a popular item that's out of stock at many locations, but it can be found. There is a qauntity of 18 of them in the Model Y
They're either out of stock everywhere or, as with the link provided, you're required to buy 150 of them at $1 a piece or, if you buy less, you are subject to a $45 fee.

Upvote 0
If any fastener is out of stock and absolutely needed, then improvise with more common parts. The push nut goes onto a M6 threaded stud so use a M6 nylon nut with an appropriate plastic or stainless steel fender washer. Link to 6M nylon nuts below, though you can find the washers and you might find M6 nylon nuts in the specialty fastener section of your local Ace hardware store or one of the big box places. I'd shy away from using a standard metal m6 push nut due to future corrosion and possible impact to the stud if the metal push nut needs removaal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There were a half dozen of these missing when I took delivery back in early 2020. I just added it to the next mobile service request and the tech added them. I did wait until I needed something else done. It seemed a bit excessive to have them come out just for that.

Upvote 0
Good news. I bought a package of 50 from autofastenersandclips.com The postage was more than the cost of the push nuts. After closer inspection, all four push nuts were missing from the passenger rear wheel apron which makes me think they were never installed that side. The car has less than 2000 miles. Appreciate all the input. Thanks.

Attachments

• Tesla push nut.jpg
    Tesla push nut.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0
Good news. I bought a package of 50 from autofastenersandclips.com The postage was more than the cost of the push nuts. After closer inspection, all four push nuts were missing from the passenger rear wheel apron which makes me think they were never installed that side. The car has less than 2000 miles. Appreciate all the input. Thanks.
Awesome! Thanks! I was able to find them on that site with the assistance of the part number in your photo. $8.79 for the box of 50 and $10.99 to ship. Oh well. I noticed there's a bunch of these missing on our Model 3 as well. They definitely weren't installed at the factory as I noticed they were missing within the first couple days of ownership. It will be good to have some on hand. I've noticed a few more missing behind the wheels when I've done tire rotations as well.

Upvote 0