Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mixing Tires - Very similar/ need opinion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI,
I have 4 235/40R-19 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS XL on my Tesla. I got a nail...and its irreparable. These tires are 19 months old and due to the pandemic I probably have not really worn them down too much. Pirelli now sells 235/40R-19 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS II XL

Can I buy 2 and put then on the rears? OR am I on the hook to replace all 4?

Thanks in advance for your help and expertise.

Just a quick update for anyone who is now lucky to read this.....

So if you have the Pirelli P7 All Season PLUS tires on your Tesla... that tire is DISCONTINUED....

So I called Pirelli.... They said I can't mix the PLUS 2 BUT because they discontinued the tire... I can buy 4 New PLUS 2 or any Pirellis that fits a Tesla and when I get them installed, the installer measures the tread on the 4 tires and calls Pirelli, and Pirelli will send me money back on all 4 tires. I still get 150 back from Tire Rack on the tire that got the nail because I had insurance and the tire was not able to be plugged.

This is just something Pirelli does so I am impressed.... but a little sleuthing on my part paid off.

Nice! That's alright. If it happens again in the future, for maximum stability, new tires should go on the rear. It is less of an issue though if you aren't driving in the snow, but you always want the best traction on the rear so you don't lose control.

One word of caution. If you are leasing when you turn the car in all tires need to be the same.
Good to know. I bought mine back in 2018 so I'm good. I figured since I am getting $150 back plus whatever Pirelli sends me I thought it was best to get 4 new ones in case another one of the discontinued tires has trouble... since they are newish maybe the money back will be a good thing to now rather than later.

HI,
I have 4 235/40R-19 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS XL on my Tesla. I got a nail...and its irreparable. These tires are 19 months old and due to the pandemic I probably have not really worn them down too much. Pirelli now sells 235/40R-19 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS II XL

Can I buy 2 and put then on the rears? OR am I on the hook to replace all 4?

Thanks in advance for your help and expertise.
Yes, buy the two and place them in the rear.