Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A new second-tier EV Tire: "Radar All Season EV"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrChaos

Feb 25, 2022
San Diego

Has any one tried this or seen any reviews? No foam.

I see it priced online very low: Radar All Season EV 235/45R18 98W XL AS A/S Tire

$99.99 at Priority Tire.

Personally I would stick to the Hankook or Pirelli EV tires but maybe for people who have to drive tons and economize (uber drivers?) this would be an option. As there are more used Teslas and people stretch budgets to get into them this may fill a needed niche.

• Informative
Reactions: fholbert

Has any one tried this or seen any reviews? No foam.

I see it priced online very low: Radar All Season EV 235/45R18 98W XL AS A/S Tire

$99.99 at Priority Tire.

Personally I would stick to the Hankook or Pirelli EV tires but maybe for people who have to drive tons and economize (uber drivers?) this would be an option. As there are more used Teslas and people stretch budgets to get into them this may fill a needed niche.
I see nothing about a noise rating, but I'll watch the brand. It does show some promise.

1703093980601.png

1703093896163.png

I daily some Radars in 275/35r19 because they were cheap.

They work…fine? *shrug*

I truly have nothing bad to say about them that isn’t presumed by their price or treadwear warranty. I have yanked 1+ tire-squealing gs on them and despite >3 degrees of daily camber I am on track for 30k miles on them after figuring out a good daily pressure and finally getting the toe zeroed out.

Last edited:
Ran the Radar Dimax AS8 on my 2019 LR, they gripped well in the dry but were a bit noisy. Also seemed alright in the wet until I hydroplaned and wrecked. Had pretty deep tread depth, practically new. Have driven in similar conditions in my 2008 528i with Continental DWS tires and have had no issues. Maybe it's the active steering system on the 5 series or the tires making it much more stable.