Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile access disabled during service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems like a dumb question but I searched and can’t seem to find any hits.

How do I access the service messaging option if mobile access is disabled on the vehicle? I tried calling my local SC a few times but no one picks up. I did leave a voicemail however. The attached screenshot doesn’t show any available options.

I brought my car in for EMMC replacement so I assume they reset the entire MCU. But I think this will also occur for people who upgrade from MCU1 to MCU2. Hopefully they try to call me and not just message me thinking I still have access to the app.

Edit: I realize I posted on the wrong category but I can’t change it.
68A91B29-9447-4D11-84E3-9173C6CCB89B.jpeg

Last edited:
they should send you a text message (like a regular text message, not a message in the tesla app). If you call your local service center and push the buttons to inquire about a vehicle in service, someone should eventually answer (unless they are very busy).

Make sure when you pick up the car that they have enabled the mobile access and you can remotely lock/unlock it. I'm not that it is as much of a problem with the eMMC update, but I know with MCU1 to MCU2 that I've seen many people post about the service center missing a final step to enable this, or somehow it fails and has to be redone.