Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mobile charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 is from 2020, so things might have changed in the newer models, but here's what I did prior to upgrading to a new iPhone that can charge wirelessly: I opened the center console, unplugged the wireless charger from one of the two USB ports there, then plugged the USB end of the charging cable into that port and the other end into the phone. Simple. There are two USB ports there but I use the other one for recording what the cameras see and for sentry mode.

Hi all, just picked up my Tesla (UK) yesterday......wow, anyone any idea how to charge mobile phone, appreciate there 2 no wireless chargers in front, unfortunately my 2 mobiles not QI ready?

2021? It should have 2 USB-C in the rear wall of the front center console storage (with the sliding door). So you'll need either <something>_to_USB-C or some USB-A_to_USB-C adapters.

There's also two more USB-C on the back of the center console, available for the rear seat occupants.

Zack-Morris-Cell-Phone.jpg

Hi all, just picked up my Tesla (UK) yesterday......wow, anyone any idea how to charge mobile phone, appreciate there 2 no wireless chargers in front, unfortunately my 2 mobiles not QI ready?
Your phones are not wirelessly chargeable in 2021?
Time to upgrade!

Otherwise, you could plug in charging cables into the USB ports (USB-A or USB-C - take a look what's in your car).
Physically charging will kinda work, but will serve to crack the soldering joints inside the phone chargers, over time.

Either way, I see phone upgrades for you in near future!
Marry Xmas!

a