Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile connector bag damaging the rear trunk fabric?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RubberToe

Supporting the greater good
Jun 28, 2012
El Lay
All,
Just did a showing of the Model 3 at a local EV show. This morning I noticed that the fabric/covering on the panel that pulls up in the trunk looked like it had been pretty severely chewed up. I'll post a picture later, but wanted to provide advance warning about this for everyone.

I initially thought that the hand wash I had done in the morning before the car show might have been responsible for this. They did vacuum the car out. But then I remembered that when I took delivery, the bag holding the cables was in the middle of the trunk. I picked it up and noticed that it was some pretty heavy duty Velcro which looks to be designed to stick to anywhere in the trunk that you drop the bag. I put it further in behind the rear passenger seat. I haven't touched it since I did that.

If the Velcro is indeed tearing up the surface of the panel, the best location for the cable bag would probably be in the compartment under the panel.

RT