TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Mobile connector bag damaging the rear trunk fabric?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by RubberToe, Apr 18, 2018.

1. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

All,
    Just did a showing of the Model 3 at a local EV show. This morning I noticed that the fabric/covering on the panel that pulls up in the trunk looked like it had been pretty severely chewed up. I'll post a picture later, but wanted to provide advance warning about this for everyone.

I initially thought that the hand wash I had done in the morning before the car show might have been responsible for this. They did vacuum the car out. But then I remembered that when I took delivery, the bag holding the cables was in the middle of the trunk. I picked it up and noticed that it was some pretty heavy duty Velcro which looks to be designed to stick to anywhere in the trunk that you drop the bag. I put it further in behind the rear passenger seat. I haven't touched it since I did that.

If the Velcro is indeed tearing up the surface of the panel, the best location for the cable bag would probably be in the compartment under the panel.

RT

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Yes, velcro will do that if repeatedly unhooked to the trunk fabric. Either putting it in the lower trunk compartment or sticking it to one of the trunk sides and leaving it there would be best.

3. Zarwin

Zarwin Member

I noticed this issue as well and turned the bag upside down so it wouldn't re-attach. Pulling it up one single time did noticeable wear to the fabric. That's some weapons grade velcro.

• Funny x 1
  4. Scrutmonkey

Scrutmonkey Member

I just left mine in the Frunk...unzip when I need it.

5. erthquake

erthquake Active Member

Yeah. I only pulled up the case once, and it pulled up a lot of the fabric. I tamped it back down and now it looks fine. Case lives in the boot now.