Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service Brake Cleaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I would give you a quick summary of an excellent mobile service visit today from Tesla. I bought a preowned 2016 90D with 44,000 miles on it in Feb 2020. In looking at the service history, didn't look like the previous owner did any of the service. I replaced the HEPA filter in the frunk myself while I was installing laser jammers (usually go to Best Buy Geek squad but close down since March due to Covid). Thought I would have them do the brake pad cleaning/lubrication and cabin air filter since it's a pain in the next. Total cost was $240 and it was scheduled through mobile service. The tech could not have been nicer. It was pouring rain for most of the visit. He jacked up the car to access the tires on each side. Took 10 minutes to get both tires off. While he was cleaning the pads, I scrubbed down of the inner wheel lining on each side with a tire brush and then sprayed each rotor and cap with Wurth SBS Brake treatment which makes the brakes smoother and also much nicer looking. They used to do that at the service center but it is not a regular process anymore. He then did the cabin air filter which he may look easy, but it's a pain in the neck-need to remove a bunch of panels. He then cleaned up the car and wiped down the interior. All in all a great experience and much nicer than having to take it to the service center, getting a loaner, and picking up the car. Also learned how easy it is to take off the tires...I will be doing my winter tire swapover myself and saving not only the nominal fee but more importantly time and potential damage to the wheels or interior of the car transporting tires. At the same time, I will put on another coat of the Wurth and do a nice cleaning of my brake calipers. One of the best parts was to be able to talk to Joe the tech and learn more about the car and maintenance/service recommendations. My son even got involved. Thought I would share my experience and pictures below. Cheers!
IMG_20200611_153454.jpg
IMG_20200611_154527.jpg
IMG_20200611_154851.jpg
IMG_20200611_155350.jpg
IMG_20200611_182614.jpg
IMG_20200611_190649.jpg

Last edited: