Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 servicing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm coming up to 2yrs of ownership of my M3 which is on a lease rental.

Looking at the service requirements -
  • Brake fluid health check every 4 years (replace if necessary)**.
  • A/C desiccant bag replacement every 4* years.
  • Cabin air filter replacement every 2 years (or 3 years for HEPA and carbon filters, if equipped)
  • Clean and lubricate brake calipers every year or 12,500 miles (20,000 km) if in an area where roads are salted during winter.
  • Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first.
It would appear that i only need to replace cabin air filters (2 off) and rotate the tyres.

I could do this myself but the filters are out of stock on the Tesla website, so i either need to wait or buy a non-tesla part.

Im trying to get through to somebody at the lease company to clarify but its hard work. Im also concerned about lack of proof that the changes have been carried out, for when the vehicle is returned.

Just curious what others have done with regard to servicing on a leased vehicle?

I'm coming up to 2yrs of ownership of my M3 which is on a lease rental.

Looking at the service requirements -
  • Brake fluid health check every 4 years (replace if necessary)**.
  • A/C desiccant bag replacement every 4* years.
  • Cabin air filter replacement every 2 years (or 3 years for HEPA and carbon filters, if equipped)
  • Clean and lubricate brake calipers every year or 12,500 miles (20,000 km) if in an area where roads are salted during winter.
  • Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first.
It would appear that i only need to replace cabin air filters (2 off) and rotate the tyres.

I could do this myself but the filters are out of stock on the Tesla website, so i either need to wait or buy a non-tesla part.

Im trying to get through to somebody at the lease company to clarify but its hard work. Im also concerned about lack of proof that the changes have been carried out, for when the vehicle is returned.

Just curious what others have done with regard to servicing on a leased vehicle?
I did a 2 year service, the ranger came and did the service. They charged around £130 - did not rotate the tyres as that is common practice in USA. Checked all the fluids etc., and lubed the brake calipers.

The cheapest service I ever had. Also, I did not have to go anywhere.

I have a lease car and I didn’t check with them I just went by what was documented as service requirements.

If they ask you, you can tell them to check with Tesla regarding what was done as Tesla has a record of most of the data and they log in services.