Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile service experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If service is really Tesla's number one priority as Elon said and mobile techs are at the center of it, then at the very least they should put the resources toward fixing the basic functionality of the app so people could request mobile service separate from the service center and at least have someone giving short texts so everyone feels listened to. I guess for now we need to send in feedback so Tesla knows what is and what is not working for us.

Reactions: puhiniho
I have an upcoming mobile service appointment. Will report back on experience. In the meantime feel free to watch Jesse from Now You Know's experience:

Well almost 2 months from when my process started with mobile tech, he showed today. He was super experienced, competent, and fixed even difficult things I did not think a mobile tech could do like aligning my falcon door. The result was good, but the process pretty bad due to poor communication and long wait.

The mobile tech gave me 2 tips:

1) Given my distance from the service center and mobile tech guy, I was always under the impression I should hold off calling service until I had 4 or more minor items or a large one. The mobile tech guy said it is better to contact service with 1 or 2 minor items as the mobile techs are supposed to try and complete everything in 2 hours or less. If they estimate it will take longer, it takes much longer to get into their schedule.
2) If at all possible do not add new items to your list unless they will need parts. Every time you add a new item to the list, the system puts you back to the back of the line.

Both these tips explain why it took so long for me to get mobile tech. If, however, I had been notified it would take a long time because of the number of items or told I just made my wait longer by adding a new item via text or any other form of communication, it would have been a much better experience. Communication to set expectations properly is what is most needed at this point to easily improve mobile service. Of course, more mobile techs wouldn't hurt either. As for my mobile tech, once he arrived at my house and did all the work in my driveway, I was very happy. Overall, I remain optimistic about the the long term future of Tesla service. i believe they have the right model, it might just take a couple more years of maturity to grow into it.