Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service Praise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DarthStar

MYP MSM Tow
Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2021
SoCal
I just had my first mobile service (Carlsbad CA) for Homelink, Roof rack, Mud flaps, and fix my delivery issues. It. Was. Awesome!

The technician invited me to watch him work, which is kinda unheard of in my previous experience with auto service (speaking as a customer and a former tech).
While the frunk was taken apart to install Homelink, he spent some time explaining how everything worked under the hood. Walked me through all the set up for it. Then he showed me how to install, remove, and reinstall the roof rack...AND he even took all the empty boxes and packaging with him!

It was nice to meet a technician with the same enthusiasm for Tesla as I have.

I have another mobile service scheduled to replace the spoiler next week. Hoping for the same level of service.

Attachments

• IMG_1225.jpeg
    IMG_1225.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1228.jpeg
    IMG_1228.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1229.jpeg
    IMG_1229.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 52
I just had my first mobile service (Carlsbad CA) for Homelink, Roof rack, Mud flaps, and fix my delivery issues. It. Was. Awesome!

The technician invited me to watch him work, which is kinda unheard of in my previous experience with auto service (speaking as a customer and a former tech).
While the frunk was taken apart to install Homelink, he spent some time explaining how everything worked under the hood. Walked me through all the set up for it. Then he showed me how to install, remove, and reinstall the roof rack...AND he even took all the empty boxes and packaging with him!

I have another mobile service scheduled to replace the spoiler next week. Hoping for the same level of service.
Car looks pretty sick.

Reactions: DarthStar
My neighbor has a red MYP that she parks on the street once in a while. When that direct sunlight hits it...like wow, beautiful.
Sweet. I'm super excited, but trying to keep myself in check. Hoping to take delivery by Tuesday (although tomorrow would be an awesome surprise.) Also doing everything I can to avoid getting my hopes up in case there is a reason to reject it, or it gets delayed for some reason. Oh, the ups and downs of waiting for a Tesla...

This is great to hear! While I personally wouldn’t be impressed by the tech taking the empty boxes with him (it’s his job).
My experience with mobile service was the complete opposite (Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley). I scheduled a mobile visit for a tire rotation. The tech showed up an hour past the four hour window - high as a kite. Offered no excuse or explanation for why he was late. It was a hot day so I moved my wife’s car out of the garage and gave him free reign of the space. I had cold water and snacks for him. He acted like a cool/shaded garage and beverages were expected. As he began to work on my car he kept insisting that “it’s cool if I needed to go inside and enjoy my day”.. I told him that I’d rather hang out in my “man cave”. He was not chatty or helpful with any of my questions.
He grunted and moaned like a caveman while handling the floor jack excessively, as if to make me uncomfortable for not leaving. He finished the rotation, did not check the tire pressure for any of the wheels and then proceeded to charge me $60 even though I had already had the fee waived by the service department for the four hours going by without him showing up.

Here’s the best part… the dude was obviously high when he showed up. Stoned. Eyes were bloodshot, his face had that stoned look. I went by his van and could smell the weed. I almost sent him away, if the job was anything but a simple tire rotation I certainly would have. My garage has security cameras so I wasn’t too worried if he was to damage anything. I just wanted him to get the basic job over with.

My whole experience was a joke. I’ve since ordered the pucks needed to lift the car properly and won’t be asking mobile service to do anymore tire rotations going forward.
I informed my service department of the whole experience and they apologized, informed me that Jose (the tech) was no longer employed with them and reversed my credit card charges for my previous Gemini wheel cap kit and my last 2 supercharging sessions.

This is great to hear! While I personally wouldn’t be impressed by the tech taking the empty boxes with him (it’s his job).
My experience with mobile service was the complete opposite (Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley). I scheduled a mobile visit for a tire rotation. The tech showed up an hour past the four hour window - high as a kite. Offered no excuse or explanation for why he was late. It was a hot day so I moved my wife’s car out of the garage and gave him free reign of the space. I had cold water and snacks for him. He acted like a cool/shaded garage and beverages were expected. As he began to work on my car he kept insisting that “it’s cool if I needed to go inside and enjoy my day”.. I told him that I’d rather hang out in my “man cave”. He was not chatty or helpful with any of my questions.
He grunted and moaned like a caveman while handling the floor jack excessively, as if to make me uncomfortable for not leaving. He finished the rotation, did not check the tire pressure for any of the wheels and then proceeded to charge me $60 even though I had already had the fee waived by the service department for the four hours going by without him showing up.

Here’s the best part… the dude was obviously high when he showed up. Stoned. Eyes were bloodshot, his face had that stoned look. I went by his van and could smell the weed. I almost sent him away, if the job was anything but a simple tire rotation I certainly would have. My garage has security cameras so I wasn’t too worried if he was to damage anything. I just wanted him to get the basic job over with.

My whole experience was a joke. I’ve since ordered the pucks needed to lift the car properly and won’t be asking mobile service to do anymore tire rotations going forward.
I informed my service department of the whole experience and they apologized, informed me that Jose (the tech) was no longer employed with them and reversed my credit card charges for my previous Gemini wheel cap kit and my last 2 supercharging sessions.
Damn...that's a bummer. The tech I had raved about how great working at Tesla is. Doesn't sound like Jose felt the same way.

I hope you have better luck next time.

Damn...that's a bummer. The tech I had raved about how great working at Tesla is. Doesn't sound like Jose felt the same way.

I hope you have better luck next time.
Thanks bud. Appreciate you. It’s sad to say that my experience with mobile support is just par for the course. My whole experience with Tesla and it’s (lack of) customer service has been horrible. The delivery process (late March delivery- vin 160xxx), ordering accessories from the Tesla shop, dealing with the brick and mortar service department and a few other things have been awful. But I love the car! Hate the customer service though.. needs a lot of work.