Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service Window Replacement Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello There!

I wanted to see if anyone had experience with the Tesla Mobile Service and getting a broken window replaced.

Unfortunately last night, my car was targeted and got the driver side rear window smashed and subsequently my bag taken out of my trunk. Nonetheless got the police report number, sent the officers the footage, which they were mildly surprised that it was available, and looked at options for getting the window replaced.

The Tesla app has the options in the 'Schedule Service' menu and under 'Collision & Glass' I checked the 'Side Glass' option and they really only have mobile service available. I'm certainly not opposed to it, but I wanted to see if:

1. Is the driver side rear window considered side glass? (I would assume so because the other options were 'Collision repair' and 'Windshield & Top Glass')

2. Does mobile service have the glass already and will throw it in? Or would I have to have them look at it and then they say hmm, I guess lets order it, and then I drive around the Bay with possible rain for the next week?

IMG_0150.jpg
(The tint held most of it together, still some shards left in the car)

IMG_0155.jpg
(my crappy attempt at covering it up until the appointment)

Thanks in advance!