Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - 1 week review after replacing a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took delivery of a Model 3 (about 2 weeks ago) - but only have driven it for about a week since I took it straight to the shop for tinting, PPF, etc. Before that, I had leased a Model S for two years. I loved my Model S. After driving that car for a couple of years I had decided that I wanted another electric vehicle and made the decision to buy a Model 3.

Prior to delivery, like many of you, I spent time reading everything I could about the car. Most of the time, it was as painful as it was informative. A lot of the things fed into the fear and paranoia that there would be issues with the car. Delivery day came and I was unable to find a single issue wrong with the car other than some very minor things like swirl marks from the detail shop. The interior was flawless. Panel gaps were great. Everything worked mechanically. The weather was the only thing that didn't cooperate. (It was POURING rain, there were even a tornado watch in the area) It was a little depressing to take the car straight to the shop for detailing, but I was relieved that I didn't have to deal with some of the delivery horrors that others had written about here.

For the sake of this review, be aware that I ordered:
Performance Model 3 - No PUP
White Interior
Red Paint
I upgraded the wheels to TST 19" Wheels.

Fast forward a week later, and I was finally able to pick my car up from the shop. Thanks to a bit of overlap with my lease, I still had my Model S while I was waiting, and wasn't without a Tesla during the wait. Moving from one car directly to another made it very easy to tell how different these cars are. Although I loved my Model S, the biggest thing I noticed right away is how they drive, and that is really where the Model 3 shines. It is FUN to drive.

Where you really notice the difference between the Model S and the Model 3 is when you make turns. The 3 just turns better. I don't feel the weight of the car at all. In the Model S, I could feel the weight and size of the car, but the power just pushed the car through the turn. In the Model 3, I just feel like it glides through turns easily without any effort. The power in the P3D feels like it comes so much easier than it did in my Model S 90D. That may be due to size, weight, or just how you sit in the car. Everything just feels "easier".

I like the look out of the windshield. It feels like you are looking down on the road since there is no dash, but you are still low to the ground. It's also nice that they have started putting inspection stickers off to the side instead of in the middle of the windshield. It just looks better that way. I wish they were on the passenger side though. The rear view mirror and window are so-so to look out of... just how the defroster lines and tint are laid out make the visibility awkward, but not bad.

The white seats are really comfortable. I can't speak to any color transfer, but my wife has a Model X with a white interior, and after a couple of years there would be some here and there, but it would be easy to clean up with any basic cleaner. They hold up really well. The material is very soft, and I prefer the spongy feel to the seats compared to the Model S seats. It sounds silly, but I also think the armrests are better. How could they screw up something so simple in the Model S, I don't know, but i hated the armrests in that car. I'm a skinny guy and my arms didn't agree with them.

The U/I is much more responsive than my old car. Things are very quick, but it is far from perfect. I really do miss the split screen capabilities of the S/X in the Model 3. When I am browsing my USB media library it completely obstructs the GPS/MAP area, and that sucks. I previously had submitted feedback saying Tesla needs to support MP3 playlist support for USB media and/or add voice control and that holds more true on the model 3. It's even more cluttered on the single display. I'm also surprised that some songs that will play in my Model S over USB will not play in the Model 3. I would assume the software is uniform for media playback but it is not. I've already read up on the issues on USB so I'm pretty sure what the problems are. The major problem I have is the lack of the windshield wiper stalk. The auto-wipers work OK 90% of the time, but there are times in every car where you need to manually enable the wipers for one quick clean off and using the touch-screen to do that is annoying, even if it is conveniently on the screen at all times. Changing between audio sources could be easier. I think the buttons are too small to do while you are driving. Again, the layout on the S/X was better for this. I am hoping this will improve over time. This isn't something I need to do frequently, but doing it by voice would be a good option.

USB Ports - I've already submitted feedback on this. It's annoying that Tesla changed how USB ports work on the 3 vs the S/X, and the Amperage. On my Model S, the USB port is on at all times, and puts out (I believe) about 2.1A. If I left my phone plugged in and hidden in the cubby it could charge. On the Model 3 it is capped at 1A and turns off when the car sleeps. This means charging is very slow and limited to when the car is running. If you talk to people trying to put in dashcams, this is a problem in general with the model 3. The car has a big battery and Tesla just doesn't want you to use it when you aren't driving. In the S/X, they encouraged it! I know it isn't that big of a deal, but I noticed it right away.

Door Handles - This is going to take some getting used to for me. I'm so used to the self-presenting handles on my Model S, it is hard for me to get used to opening these doors! I've pressed the thin part without thinking more than once. I don't mind the interior button at all like some others do. I think after a few weeks the handles will come naturally but initially they seem strange to me.

Charge Port / Bettery- No issues charging the car, it was plug and play - but I did notice that the car would not allow me to disengage the charger when the car is asleep. Our Model S and X would allow this, but the Model 3 would not. I had to wake up the car first. I've only done this twice, but I have to still confirm I'm not crazy. Since I am waiting for my 30A adapter, I have only charged my car every few days when needed...but it seems to drain quite a bit on its own when left unplugged. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just seeing ghosts? I may have to test this further.

Storage - I'm going to miss the hatchback and the power liftgate to be sure, but the 3 still has plenty of room. I knew this going in, but other than the occasional big trip to home depot, I don't put huge things in the car. Just like my model S, I am going to avoid using my frunk if at all possible since I don't like how it closes and I don't need the space. The hidden storage in the trunk is also very useful.

Stereo - Amazing! People keep saying the stereo is ranked X > 3 > S but I think the 3 sounds way better than both. We have owned all 3... maybe it is just that my wife's EQ settings are bad and she plays different music but the 3 vs the S are so obviously different. I have no desire at all to change anything in the 3, and I was always wanting more in the S. I think Tesla did a great job on the sound system in this car!

Upgrades ? - I put in some aluminum pedals I got from ebay, upgraded the footwell and trunk lights using abstract ocean's LED pack, wrapped the center console with 3m white carbon fiber (which looks amazing with the white seats) ordered a blackvue dashcam and maxspider floormats, tinted the windows with ceramic IR tint, added black gloss 19" wheels, did chrome delete, and frontal PPF of the car. I absolutely think you should wrap your center console with something or it will scratch. My wife has a gloss black center console on her X and the entire thing is scratched. It WILL happen.

Overall - I love the car. I have a few gripes, but they are about little things. Some things might actually get fixed with updates. The wiper issue I will just have to live with since they can't add a stalk. I will miss having a heated steering wheel, but I love driving this car. I think it is a little expensive, but I thought it was a no-brainer compared to the cost of a Model S. (It was still cheaper new than my Model S buyout after 2 years) As a commuter car, this is a much better option for me than my S. (I don't need the room) I love the car, and other than the fact that that I clipped my garage door frame backing in after having the car for 1 week (Damaged pride and seething inner-anger) I couldn't be happier!

I recently took delivery of a Model 3 (about 2 weeks ago) - but only have driven it for about a week since I took it straight to the shop for tinting, PPF, etc. Before that, I had leased a Model S for two years. I loved my Model S. After driving that car for a couple of years I had decided that I wanted another electric vehicle and made the decision to buy a Model 3.

Prior to delivery, like many of you, I spent time reading everything I could about the car. Most of the time, it was as painful as it was informative. A lot of the things fed into the fear and paranoia that there would be issues with the car. Delivery day came and I was unable to find a single issue wrong with the car other than some very minor things like swirl marks from the detail shop. The interior was flawless. Panel gaps were great. Everything worked mechanically. The weather was the only thing that didn't cooperate. (It was POURING rain, there were even a tornado watch in the area) It was a little depressing to take the car straight to the shop for detailing, but I was relieved that I didn't have to deal with some of the delivery horrors that others had written about here.

White Interior
Red Paint

Fast forward a week later, and I was finally able to pick my car up from the shop. Thanks to a bit of overlap with my lease, I still had my Model S while I was waiting, and wasn't without a Tesla during the wait. Moving from one car directly to another made it very easy to tell how different these cars are. Although I loved my Model S, the biggest thing I noticed right away is how they drive, and that is really where the Model 3 shines. It is FUN to drive.

Where you really notice the difference between the Model S and the Model 3 is when you make turns. The 3 just turns better. I don't feel the weight of the car at all. In the Model S, I could feel the weight and size of the car, but the power just pushed the car through the turn. In the Model 3, I just feel like it glides through turns easily without any effort. The power in the P3D feels like it comes so much easier than it did in my Model S 90D. That may be due to size, weight, or just how you sit in the car. Everything just feels "easier".

I like the look out of the windshield. It feels like you are looking down on the road since there is no dash, but you are still low to the ground. It's also nice that they have started putting inspection stickers off to the side instead of in the middle of the windshield. It just looks better that way. I wish they were on the passenger side though. The rear view mirror and window are so-so to look out of... just how the defroster lines and tint are laid out make the visibility awkward, but not bad.

The white seats are really comfortable. I can't speak to any color transfer, but my wife has a Model X with a white interior, and after a couple of years there would be some here and there, but it would be easy to clean up with any basic cleaner. They hold up really well. The material is very soft, and I prefer the spongy feel to the seats compared to the Model S seats. It sounds silly, but I also think the armrests are better. How could they screw up something so simple in the Model S, I don't know, but i hated the armrests in that car. I'm a skinny guy and my arms didn't agree with them.

The U/I is much more responsive than my old car. Things are very quick, but it is far from perfect. I really do miss the split screen capabilities of the S/X in the Model 3. When I am browsing my USB media library it completely obstructs the GPS/MAP area, and that sucks. I previously had submitted feedback saying Tesla needs to support MP3 playlist support for USB media and/or add voice control and that holds more true on the model 3. It's even more cluttered on the single display. I'm also surprised that some songs that will play in my Model S over USB will not play in the Model 3. I would assume the software is uniform for media playback but it is not. I've already read up on the issues on USB so I'm pretty sure what the problems are. The major problem I have is the lack of the windshield wiper stalk. The auto-wipers work OK 90% of the time, but there are times in every car where you need to manually enable the wipers for one quick clean off and using the touch-screen to do that is annoying, even if it is conveniently on the screen at all times. Changing between audio sources could be easier. I think the buttons are too small to do while you are driving. Again, the layout on the S/X was better for this. I am hoping this will improve over time. This isn't something I need to do frequently, but doing it by voice would be a good option.

USB Ports - I've already submitted feedback on this. It's annoying that Tesla changed how USB ports work on the 3 vs the S/X, and the Amperage. On my Model S, the USB port is on at all times, and puts out (I believe) about 2.1A. If I left my phone plugged in and hidden in the cubby it could charge. On the Model 3 it is capped at 1A and turns off when the car sleeps. This means charging is very slow and limited to when the car is running. If you talk to people trying to put in dashcams, this is a problem in general with the model 3. The car has a big battery and Tesla just doesn't want you to use it when you aren't driving. In the S/X, they encouraged it! I know it isn't that big of a deal, but I noticed it right away.

Door Handles - This is going to take some getting used to for me. I'm so used to the self-presenting handles on my Model S, it is hard for me to get used to opening these doors! I've pressed the thin part without thinking more than once. I don't mind the interior button at all like some others do. I think after a few weeks the handles will come naturally but initially they seem strange to me.

Charge Port / Bettery- No issues charging the car, it was plug and play - but I did notice that the car would not allow me to disengage the charger when the car is asleep. Our Model S and X would allow this, but the Model 3 would not. I had to wake up the car first. I've only done this twice, but I have to still confirm I'm not crazy. Since I am waiting for my 30A adapter, I have only charged my car every few days when needed...but it seems to drain quite a bit on its own when left unplugged. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just seeing ghosts? I may have to test this further.

Storage - I'm going to miss the hatchback and the power liftgate to be sure, but the 3 still has plenty of room. I knew this going in, but other than the occasional big trip to home depot, I don't put huge things in the car. Just like my model S, I am going to avoid using my frunk if at all possible since I don't like how it closes and I don't need the space. The hidden storage in the trunk is also very useful.

Stereo - Amazing! People keep saying the stereo is ranked X > 3 > S but I think the 3 sounds way better than both. We have owned all 3... maybe it is just that my wife's EQ settings are bad and she plays different music but the 3 vs the S are so obviously different. I have no desire at all to change anything in the 3, and I was always wanting more in the S. I think Tesla did a great job on the sound system in this car!

Upgrades ? - I put in some aluminum pedals I got from ebay, upgraded the footwell and trunk lights using abstract ocean's LED pack, wrapped the center console with 3m white carbon fiber (which looks amazing with the white seats) ordered a blackvue dashcam and maxspider floormats, tinted the windows with ceramic IR tint, added black gloss 19" wheels, did chrome delete, and frontal PPF of the car. I absolutely think you should wrap your center console with something or it will scratch. My wife has a gloss black center console on her X and the entire thing is scratched. It WILL happen.

Overall - I love the car. I have a few gripes, but they are about little things. Some things might actually get fixed with updates. The wiper issue I will just have to live with since they can't add a stalk. I will miss having a heated steering wheel, but I love driving this car. I think it is a little expensive, but I thought it was a no-brainer compared to the cost of a Model S. (It was still cheaper new than my Model S buyout after 2 years) As a commuter car, this is a much better option for me than my S. (I don't need the room) I love the car, and other than the fact that that I clipped my garage door frame backing in after having the car for 1 week (Damaged pride and seething inner-anger) I couldn't be happier!
There a 12V plug under the armrest that will charge your phone fast.

• Informative
Reactions: atrain382
I am also coming from a Model S to a P3D- and I agree with a lot of these points. The model 3 drives great! I love the visibility out the front. Surprisingly the only thing I miss on the dash is the turn by turn navigation screen.

I'll have to try the white carbon fiber center console. I did black carbon fiber and it looks great, at the price I don't mind switching it a few times : )

I am also coming from a Model S to a P3D- and I agree with a lot of these points. The model 3 drives great! I love the visibility out the front. Surprisingly the only thing I miss on the dash is the turn by turn navigation screen.

I'll have to try the white carbon fiber center console. I did black carbon fiber and it looks great, at the price I don't mind switching it a few times : )

Here is a photo of it. Don't let the shadows on the driver seat fool you, it matches perfectly color-wise. (You can see much better with the comparison to the dash trim)
5tG6A-j6KfnwRv71yKVMi3TGxUaIms249ItIrMvU_HY0CCwUtLLknkoWPcRdc5WhNSrU5u_l-gyZqvKbryeGHTXlnmJoCWJUnegrsrl7bjkZzEn0VEcg4ySC1TmeVqNtUo8YZPt2E_oo-3MSo3l9WqNVL3co9539m-JUvHIwfYrPo8qJolfGBJPhTwbktOTMiKb-7McZJn__DLNeXsF6f8G2eyDMIhcBtt23uhpmzpucaRPOPsk8hfpWdjbFrz8CoTDtGvyDg8PgPwDHSKC9iTCsdG8lvAN1qORwqEQFf372lJjai6RJB-ZSPlIbYsYNdmam7waHqC7hKGVrh17BRN7cMBLHVJJbgsarpqXCLdmwSr16yAzdrv_x7v6_EMIL-S0huOp2GuA6pW_emKBmfs56zrMeSFN5kALqWaXsfGBZepbitMH4d4yf2hw7-xkM_bqmsqVHOWQ7rfgoWHnSezPTvp3FtykaOtcH4z0B3QksQkycHhjwzZo2oxcjjXmeuFKESAkkVvrDNCcyHhOtPoPzTsSHXFDYIcgIZpBD0vPhaYDAx82Zko9SxnUcpARfQXM1QL-63hVqe6_kdcWdfyl69DLrZzfhOHVeJsqGuJAkw7_6PWNk-c4WnI1WhNKbpkcczFCdgdgZfWs5ZgzDxs9tFfhbnuzRZ61g6i4zw2nLg5BphFB-ybDr=w1464-h1098-no

Reactions: Sean Wagner
The auto-wipers work OK 90% of the time, but there are times in every car where you need to manually enable the wipers for one quick clean off and using the touch-screen to do that is annoying, even if it is conveniently on the screen at all times.

You can push the button on the end of the turn signal stalk to get a single wipe. (Push-and-hold sprays the washer fluid.) Does that solve the issue?

• Helpful
Reactions: Ludatik and wbhokie
You can push the button on the end of the turn signal stalk to get a single wipe. (Push-and-hold sprays the washer fluid.) Does that solve the issue?

Good idea! This is why we talk with others! Thanks!

The rear USB ports are 2.1 amp. Not sure if they work when the car is sleeping.

Good to know on the Amps, pretty sure it won't work when the car is off though. I'll probably use the cigarette lighter though since I can keep everything inside of the center console. Thanks for the info.

White Interior
Red Paint

Saw the video of the guy changing the Gas Spring Shocks to make the frunk open automatically. I tried it and it opened the frunk really fast and that scared me. Also displaced the frunk a bit so the right side was higher than the left. Sooooo i experimented with a few different product and these shocks were better and i only changed out the front left one. the frunk pops open now and then slowly lifts automatically. Here is what i bought on Amazon.

2 x Bonnet Hood Lift Support Struts Gas Spring Shock for Jeep Grand Cherokee 2005-2010
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F3CRXDV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Saw the video of the guy changing the Gas Spring Shocks to make the frunk open automatically. I tried it and it opened the frunk really fast and that scared me. Also displaced the frunk a bit so the right side was higher than the left. Sooooo i experimented with a few different product and these shocks were better and i only changed out the front left one. the frunk pops open now and then slowly lifts automatically. Here is what i bought on Amazon.

2 x Bonnet Hood Lift Support Struts Gas Spring Shock for Jeep Grand Cherokee 2005-2010
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F3CRXDV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah I read your post before about that. (I did find the mod interesting) It isn't the opening of the frunk I have an issue with though, it is closing it. I just have no reason to use the thing unless the trunk and back seat are stuffed and I would rather avoid putting my hands on the hood even with PPF on it.

Reactions: Doves27
Great write up! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Where did you get the white carbon fiber from? I think you sold me :)

Thanks!

For the wrap, I got mine from rpmtesla, but they take a while to ship orders. There are templates out there on the interior/exterior forum if you can print it yourself, or you can also ask Kenriko if he would make them. (He only does the matte white on amazon currently) I do like that rpm included the "3" logo on top but the quality of the cut wasn't great on the edges of some of the white pieces. I think I have seen some other aftermarket companies online say they would do any color even if it wasn't listed. (Abstract Ocean does this, and they will also ship you a free replacement piece if you screw up) I messed mine up just a little bit (along the right side of the cupholder section) when trimming (my razor wasn't sharp enough) but you can barely see and I'm not sure how much it bothers me yet.

To be fair, it was the first time I ever tried doing Vinyl work. It wasn't difficult, but I think I could have done it perfectly with what I had if I was more experienced. Mostly, the issues were with the parts that folded over the edges pinching up. But I wanted it to look good when all the pieces were closed. I don't mind if you saw a wrinkle or two when the doors were opened. A good install would look good in all conditions though.

I could take some closeups to show you what I mean. From a normal seating position though, you wouldn't even notice unless you looked. As an owner (or anyone who has done it)... you notice every little detail.

I preferred the white carbon fiber to the matte white because the pattern didn't make it a solid color. The texture itself is nice, but it helps a little to help offset that feeling of too much white.

Last edited:
Great write up. I'm coming from exactly the same experience as you with having gone through both the X an S as well.

I still really miss the power lift gate everytime I go to work with my hands full... tough to close the trunk with that cup of coffee in one hand and papers and laptop in the other.

Agree with wanting to have both map and rear cam view up at the same time.... even a small cam view in the bottom left corner would be nice during map view (I keep rear cam view on in the S and X instead of using rear view mirror)

Model 3 Maps and LTE/CPU speed is much better and faster than S and X.

Agree with sound. 3 is better than the X and S despite the EQ settings on them.

Some people think opening the doors (from the inside) of the 3 is awkward, but I actually prefer the thumb button compared to the doors of the S.

Auto wipers is "ok". I would like it if the sensitivity to rain was higher though to wipe more frequently...is there a setting for this???

I have a hard-wired always-on Blackview on my S, which is nice. I'm still waiting for a good solution for the 3, so holding off on dashcam until someone figures this out.

Last edited:
Charge Port / Bettery- Since I am waiting for my 30A adapter, I have only charged my car every few days when needed...but it seems to drain quite a bit on its own when left unplugged. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just seeing ghosts? I may have to test this further.

I noticed the same thing and discovered that since the key is your phone with Bluetooth, that every time you walk within Bluetooth range you are activating the car. Waking the car up uses a lot of energy. If you're walking around the house in range of the car you are causing excessive drain. So now, I find myself turning off Bluetooth on my phone whenever I am at home or work and not needing to do anything with the car. At first I would forget to reactivate Bluetooth but after a few weeks it has become habit. Another upside to this is that my phone never fails to work. I read on TMC that, for some people including myself, the phone key loses connection to the car. Turning Bluetooth off and on is one of the corrections for this. So my energy drain solution (there is still some drain) also corrects the phone key issue.

Your car looks great. Enjoy.

First, as to the random question about my tires. I used standard all season tires. It usually snows several times every year here, and some of the winters can be very cold here, though northern virginia is not known for that. I did not care at all if I added a few pounds of weight on my rims or lost a few miles of range, nor did I mind so much if my 0-60 time was impacted by 0.1 seconds or so because I could have purchased better sticky tires. I mostly commute to work so range is a non-issue. I never road trip. I make a few long drives, maybe one every 1-2 years to go to a college football game or for work, otherwise I tend to fly. I understand people want to milk out every ounce of range in their car or performance out of it, but the rims were just for looks and the tires were bundled with them from TSportline on sale.

I still really miss the power lift gate everytime I go to work with my hands full... tough to close the trunk with that cup of coffee in one hand and papers and laptop in the other.

Auto wipers is "ok". I would like it if the sensitivity to rain was higher though to wipe more frequently...is there a setting for this???

I have a hard-wired always-on Blackview on my S, which is nice. I'm still waiting for a good solution for the 3, so holding off on dashcam until someone figures this out.

I did love the power liftgate. Although I am used to closing the trunk already with the interior handle things the trunk has, I am used to just pushing the button and walking away.

I don't see any way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto-wipers. It is either AUTO or all of the manual settings unfortunately.

Yes, I also did a hard-wire dashcam install on my S, since the Model S had that convenient unused connector you could use near the rear view mirror without having to mod the car in any way. The 3 is not so nice from what I have read. I do have a blackvue on the way (I had a cheap dash cam on my S) which I am going to wire up with a power magic setup even though I am aware of the new dashcam feature coming up. I just know how lacking it will be and I want parking protection while at work and at store parking lots. This can also work without direct car modification and the install doesn't look too bad.

I noticed the same thing and discovered that since the key is your phone with Bluetooth, that every time you walk within Bluetooth range you are activating the car. Waking the car up uses a lot of energy. If you're walking around the house in range of the car you are causing excessive drain. So now, I find myself turning off Bluetooth on my phone whenever I am at home or work and not needing to do anything with the car. At first I would forget to reactivate Bluetooth but after a few weeks it has become habit. Another upside to this is that my phone never fails to work. I read on TMC that, for some people including myself, the phone key loses connection to the car. Turning Bluetooth off and on is one of the corrections for this. So my energy drain solution (there is still some drain) also corrects the phone key issue.

Your car looks great. Enjoy.

Thanks! For the bluetooth, that could solve the charge port issue but it can't be my drain issue since I refuse to use my phone as a key. This is because I work a job where security is important and I am not allowed to bring my cell phone into the building. Because of this, I usually leave it in my car. Thus, my personal USB port issues. So I have been using the key cards thus far. I will continue to suffer through them until the keyfob comes out. I like the concept of the phone as key issue, it just doesn't work for my situation. I want to leave my phone in my car.

yOAGds-bBDlXyTsdoWYAnGBpLYMKoFAPWhH2WDAtpefLbN7d1aIcmF93Bp1ZWNeeU-wQ1LoEPEOW1Evn30o8IbU4xErRkGsnB7DNl7dLYbWU8d69ZC6HmcvvuBZtIZ8XPGz4jq8rh5Lo0VaEb2qDBe12LqpyD7GHz26VcdmyVH95rjtdQgEGZ3EU9jYSBVgdbU5eQmWHxlcUiLm3xFajlTZ6PEcejedUnyDSrXidqQPfl0rIeDq6JoUFWZAw2t0XhLjFkkL5I5AYDQsjx468BOVqBSWAO-dVeU4keobQKyG6KtGOEEqs_bagALKiuf_Q3PK3xcEJdwZ4xZByUf0rzAhsKnc7rGDRAIwih-XcVh-mzlOTRqiEys46md0INwethKVjhDa6sPggytWUKlQzLRiLAt4BNWCxq00yoCG5SHCOX6G8MgP7YEbjmiMxWldtv1hDff_sjiqPGHvJez-HKxuY7o77ToQPpfvepTKnLwMIIdNV9V38VhpUKxcmlqFrb17QVAxxQmMT4l75gUs9SAkfKaMyfq5Oin1s23jbxUM4rDgqllL1PCKEx114mhDSiDCfJxuszXEctH57iMXuC-uAuCVtu9j8EtojEm4CJZG6i4Ee-knQb26gu9l0ZTf4f_CRhcYdkVcA1gKbrSSZ3hU77WlSDO2saUgh3JalRYlhX0ixxfFDngMe=w1454-h1090-no

So for some information about the shop mods on the car, you can see how things like the tint, wheels, chrome delete, and PPF look. I can't even see the PPF on the car, except for some issues on the side mirrors. I talked to the shop, and they are going to re-do them for me free of charge, though you can really only see the issues from the mirror side. (What you see every day when you drive) They really did a great job over all.

From this angle, it looks like the tint on the front and rear side windows is different but it is the same. I have not had the opportunity to shine the tires yet either. Still, I think the chrome delete looks really sharp with the Red, though the chrome also looks good with the red if you have the sport wheels in my opinion. The white seats help to make the interior look lighter with the tint as well. After looking at it for a bit, I would say that I will likely paint the calipers red. They look really plain straight on. It is funny to me how the Model S/X OEM wheel design somehow became a desirable design for a different Tesla model for me. I decided not to change the color of the hood emblem, but will be changing the trunk emblem to black eventually as well.