Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 18" wheel price increase from $220 to $350?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was that the price for the wheel, tpms, and aero cap, or just the cost for the wheel? I seem to remember that aero caps being like $30 and the tpms being $70 or so... that almost adds up to the amount you're showing, maybe the store is just misquoting you?

You can't have the wheel reconditioned?
At $220 a piece I preferred to simply buy new & hock the old on ebay. May still go this route if used prices reflect the increase... I've never found anyone who can do a decent job reconditioning wheels.

Was that the price for the wheel, tpms, and aero cap, or just the cost for the wheel? I seem to remember that aero caps being like $30 and the tpms being $70 or so... that almost adds up to the amount you're showing, maybe the store is just misquoting you?
Untitled.jpg

I was quoted the same price. They give the TPS for free but not going to reduce the price if you do not want it. End up with Tesla recommend shop and I couldn't find where the curb rash was. If you live in LA I can DM you

Interesting, that makes more sense with the price increase if the tpms is now included (still the price is bumped a bit)... I wonder if Tesla had issues with people replacing wheel's and then a sensor going bad six months or a year later (from age or whatever) and people bitching to Tesla that there shouldn't be a charge to remove the tire and remount it or something.