Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Accident Repair - Rear Right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All:

I own 2018 Model 3 with 67K miles; I met with an accident last Friday (10/28) where the car was T-boned on an intersection. Damage is extensive as you can see from the picture; is this repairable and how much would be the approximate cost.
I would get an estimate from auto body shop and Insurance adjustor in couple of weeks, my doubt is if the damage to the frame/axle is repairable along with damage to motor; keeping my fingers crossed and praying my model 3 is not totaled.
Would appreciate if someone had similar situation and can provide information on how to proceed.

IMG_9939.jpg

Would appreciate if someone had similar situation

Sorry for your accident. Since you are online posting about it, I am going to make the assumption that you are ok, so the car did its job there.

As for "would appreciate if someone had a similar situation" if you search TMC for "totaled" you will likely find dozens (and dozens and dozens) of similar threads with this similar situation, so you can find plenty of people asking a similar question.

Good luck with your situation.

Sorry for your accident. Since you are online posting about it, I am going to make the assumption that you are ok, so the car did its job there.

As for "would appreciate if someone had a similar situation" if you search TMC for "totaled" you will likely find dozens (and dozens and dozens) of similar threads with this similar situation, so you can find plenty of people asking a similar question.

Good luck with your situation.
Thanks for your response appreciate it!!

Wanted to update everyone on my current situation in reference to accident that happened on 2018 Model 3 in October 2022 - My car is now deemed Totaled by the Insurance company.

The good news is I received settlement on the claim filed with insurance company and am finally happy with $Dollar amount received; this required negotiating multiple times with the claims adjuster, even had to escalate issue with manager who readjusted the amount after considering comparable value of Model 3 available for sale in market. I spend multiple hours providing them with data on what my car was worth as resale in current market.

I have purchased another used Model Y with 25K miles by adding few thousand dollars extra from my pocket; although in this Tesla I have lost all the privileges & upgrades for a grandfathered 2018 Model (FSD & premium connectivity).

Wanted to communicate this to anyone reading this and who has been involved in Tesla Car Accident: I know its a loss of vehicle and you would be disturbed and frustrated in days and weeks that follow, but never loose hope. We should count our blessings if don't require any medical attention and everyone gets out without any injury. There is a reason we have got Auto Insurance and if you negotiate with them for the right amount you deserve it does works.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC