Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Actual Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been tracking my model 3 range every day since October. I've turned off every possible energy draining option, drive like a grandma, and the bottom line is the best equivalent range I get is 250 miles. Its more typically 230 if I use like the seat heater for 10 minutes in the morning. When you charge the car, and look at the displayed range, its based on a simple calculation of 3.1 miles per percent battery use. You can do the calc easily if you take the miles driven divided by the percent battery you used. Mine is almost always around 2.4. I have an extensive spreadsheet that tracks every parameter including temperature, type of driving etc. Took it in to Tesla, showed them the spreadsheet and all they did was check the battery and said its ok. Well if the battery is ok there is something else going on.

I love the car, but it is the 6th Battery EV I have had. Every one of the others tracked their range per % battery to well within a percent of the advertised value. This car is costing me about 30-40% more per mile in electricity.

Anyone else? You want to see my spreadsheet? I've attached a screenshot.. pay attention to the red columns.. need to clean it up a bit but its there...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 11.17.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 11.17.22 AM.png
    342.9 KB · Views: 79
According to your own spreadsheet you're consistently at or below 280 W/Mi, which will give you the 310 mile range. I don't use the miles range indicator on the screen, I've switched that over to % because the miles varies so much. That said if you enter a destination, and go into the "Energy" screen, it will give you a trip consumption estimate which is usually pretty close to spot on.