Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Addons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3P owner: I get quite a few pushed ads for aftermarket swivel screens.
Has anyone in NZ gone for this? It seems like a good solution to the neck craning option to read the title of the next Tidal track :)
And how about taillights? As an ex-Audi owner I do miss that sassy rolling indicator, and I wondered how good the aftermarket ones might be in NZ.

Model 3P owner: I get quite a few pushed ads for aftermarket swivel screens.
Has anyone in NZ gone for this? It seems like a good solution to the neck craning option to read the title of the next Tidal track :)
And how about taillights? As an ex-Audi owner I do miss that sassy rolling indicator, and I wondered how good the aftermarket ones might be in NZ.
Swivel screen is the way to go, unless you are in love with your chiropractor - lol.
I used it for almost 18 months now - wouldn't and couldn't imaging Tesla without it.
Took 20 minutes to put together myself, but I had few hours research into it in advance.

Many thanks, I didn't need too much encouragement!
Order placed, I hope I don't stuff up the install.
I assume you need to power off the whole show.
not actually.... no power off the vehicle etc.
just unscrew the current mount, pre-adjust the new mount and fit it in....
Happy to help if you are at Auckland and get stuck...
I am not DIY guy when comes to car, but after getting over anxiety and doing it - and doing other accessories - air filter etc. I am quite confident myself :cool:

.. and I did, successfully!
Every Tesla should have one, the latest iteration makes a very professional installation with custom OEM-standard shroud etc.
it's same as what I have... 3 things are must for screen.. glass protector, swivel mount, and silicon border... makes it so much practical.

Tesla actually have better Swivel mounts now... motorised ones - thumb controlled from yoke steering... Model S/X refreshed models... works perfect with Yoke steering... I wish they bring it to all models as add-on.

The down side of the swivel. Is that I t lowers the screen -10cm which is makes it hard to see. I wish there was one that actually kept it at the same height or possibly a little higher. As a tall person thing this is definitely a thing. Still wouldn’t want the original setup though.

Other recommended mod is the usb replacement. 4x usb-a + 2x USB-C (one is 65w!). 2 minute install and depending on if the OEM usb cable is there gives you data back in the middle not just the compartment.

Reactions: Audietron
The down side of the swivel. Is that I t lowers the screen -10cm which is makes it hard to see. I wish there was one that actually kept it at the same height or possibly a little higher. As a tall person thing this is definitely a thing. Still wouldn’t want the original setup though.

Other recommended mod is the usb replacement. 4x usb-a + 2x USB-C (one is 65w!). 2 minute install and depending on if the OEM usb cable is there gives you data back in the middle not just the compartment.
well height is not my strong aspect, so I can never relate - lol.

but It tilts up 15 degrees... means nice view from all the way up there... hello.

Screen going any more up and it would be considered as safety risk, as blocking view.... because for compliance purpose they measure what if your seat is all the way down - can you still see the road, etc.

What USB replacement did you use?

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Ecoli and Audietron
Reactions: lotech