Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit on Model Y Gemini Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 wheel cap kit.
PXL_20200915_143521296.jpg

You should also look at ones on Amazon. They have a variety of colors and are a fraction of the price Tesla charges.
Yea I did notice a lot of people going to Amazon for kits. I'm weary about the quality and materials of these kits. Is the Tesla kit plastic or something else? Any recommendations on a 3rd party kit that's decent quality (good fit, looks, etc)?

I'm aware that they sell a Model Y kit now, but as I mentioned these only come in silver and I think the black looks much better. I'm leaning towards getting the Model Y in Pearl White at this point and with all the beautiful black trim/accents I just think it'll complement the overall aesthetic better.
I ordered this kit for our Model 3 -- I got the gray ones and they look perfect. Quality is very good and they cost about $20. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TTB2YBW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It doesn't look like that particular item is available in other colors any more but shows you that $20 can get you good caps. Plus, you can return them if you don't like them.

Reactions: rokitnerd
Nice! I'm still torn as I miss my model 3 dark wheels, but my wife loves it this way and I already had the Tesla ones from the old car so they'll probably stay.
I was initially going to pick up a dark set of wheels but when I took the Gemini caps off I actually liked the look with the silver. Still might do it or have them powder coated but it’s no longer an immediate concern for me.