Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 alignment -- $275?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD is pulling to the left a bit, and I'm noticing the steering wheel is not zeroed out (it's slightly counter-clockwise in it's "natural" state).

I put in a service request to Tesla, and their estimate to align it was $275. That seems excessive--I'm used to a four way alignment being about half that. Am I missing something? Why is it so expensive? Can I just head to a local shop and get the alignment done there?

Edit: I checked and Firestone says they'll align for $111, or for $210 they'll do "lifetime alignment" (e.g., bring it back unlimited number of times and they'll update the alignment)... that's cheaper for lifetime alignment than it is for Tesla to do it once. o_O

Last edited:
My 2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD is pulling to the left a bit, and I'm noticing the steering wheel is not zeroed out (it's slightly counter-clockwise in it's "natural" state).

I put in a service request to Tesla, and their estimate to align it was $275. That seems excessive--I'm used to a four way alignment being about half that. Am I missing something? Why is it so expensive? Can I just head to a local shop and get the alignment done there?

Edit: I checked and Firestone says they'll align for $111, or for $210 they'll do "lifetime alignment" (e.g., bring it back unlimited number of times and they'll update the alignment)... that's cheaper for lifetime alignment than it is for Tesla to do it once. o_O
Yes quite excessive. I broke down and had them do it. The steering wheel had been off center ever since I bought the car. But now that it’s recentered and aligned, I will take it elsewhere to have it done in the future.

It does drive noticeably better now, so even though it wasn’t pulling it appears something was off.