Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Armrest Hidden Storage Compartment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been trying to find the best storage for that space that's in the arm rest and so far have gotten two from amazon - spoiler - they both kinda stink. Leaving out amazon links as I'm not sure of the exact rules.

TAPTES -​

While this is the more "hidden" of the two the concept that the door falls off when opening makes almost no sense to me. How hard would some kind of pivot / hinge have been.

Basenor -​

This one is more secure in the mechanism not falling off but as you can see in the video it moves very poorly and require a good amount of force. While also simultaneously being very obvious there is a compartment there and not discreet at all.

Anyone have any others I should try out?

I got one of these Hidden Armrest Storage Box for Tesla Model 3 Model Y

I can kinda recommend it. I find it very finicky to close. Specifically the little door comes entirely off and I find it really finicky to seat the bottom edge. Once you get the bottom edge seated than it just magnetically snaps into place and I have never had it unintentionally fall out. I glued some plastic on the bottom edge which makes it much easier to seat when closing up the box. I can probably post a picture of what I did if people have any interest. With my mod I like it and use it pretty regularly.

I got one of these Hidden Armrest Storage Box for Tesla Model 3 Model Y

I can kinda recommend it. I find it very finicky to close. Specifically the little door comes entirely off and I find it really finicky to seat the bottom edge. Once you get the bottom edge seated than it just magnetically snaps into place and I have never had it unintentionally fall out. I glued some plastic on the bottom edge which makes it much easier to seat when closing up the box. I can probably post a picture of what I did if people have any interest. With my mod I like it and use it pretty regularly.
That one of the ones I initially listed, not sure why the idea of having that door fall off seems ok when they could have just added a simple hinge mechanism

That one of the ones I initially listed, not sure why the idea of having that door fall off seems ok when they could have just added a simple hinge mechanism
Oh sorry you are correct, I didn't mean to repeat. I didn't recognize it in your picture because I haven't seen it with the stickers on it in a very long time.

I agree a hinge would be better... my guessing is that cost was the reason. It is pretty usable with the mod I mentioned.

I want to try this one:

But I don't know why they had to add that carbon fiber style on the bottom half, maybe with a piece of 3m black tape/wrap it could look normal.

Another I was looking at:

And the final consideration:

I bought the Taptes one and won't be installing it. I hadn't seen this thread, should have looked. The thing is one of the poorest-designed pieces of jumk I've ever come across. Hard to believe they think this thing is at all usable.