Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 AWD Performance Silver Metallic with Black Interior order status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys... I need good news... a VIN even... Please.... Fading.... Help... the wait is destroying my life.... my F5 finger is wearing out

MSM 20" P+ here w/ black seats... still waiting.... no ISA contact...
Stay strong. That's my config too! Every day I don't see a VIN makes me want to call to edit to white interior in hopes of getting it sooner. If Elon tweeted they were prioritizing white interior builds, I bet Tesla would make an extra million bucks this quarter. Since they've opened config for white in AWD, it sounds like the shortage issue is resolved.

So they are still only producing P+ with white interior? I just don't understand the logistic behind that. They got plenty of black seats.

Just guessing: production line simplicity. Speculating from the spreadsheet and looking only at VIN assignments in the last 60 days:
GA4 is producing only P+ with only white.
GAp is producing only P- with only black.
GAq is producing only AWD with only black.
GAr is producing only LR with only black.

(I emphasize that this is only speculation. The following would also be consistent with the data, for example:
GAp is producing AWD and P- with only black.
GAq is producing only LR with only black.
)

Just guessing: production line simplicity. Speculating from the spreadsheet and looking only at VIN assignments in the last 60 days:
GAp is producing only P- with only black.
GAq is producing only AWD with only black.
[...]

Per the conference call, all P models are being produced on GA4 - this excerpt from the conference call transcript is an answer to the question about the line in the "tent" (my emphasis added) :

Jerome Guillen - Tesla, Inc.

[...]

And the quality of the cars that come out of this structure is at least as good and we make all the performance cars on this particular line and they seem to be doing quite well. So, this is a very pleasant surprise and the associates seems to be very happy and engaged in that particular area. So, this may be a model of how we may want to start general assembly for future vehicles, at least start and we can always add further automation and complexity.