Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 back Seat fold flat!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is good news! Now if Tesla can make the front passenger seat fold flat in line with the flat back seat (like the Honda Fit), now you really have my attention! I'll be able to carry building studs (the wooden kind) in there with the trunk lid closed.
I remember seeing a Scion xB with the rear seats-backs folded down, and the front seats laid nearly flat (head rests removed). It created an almost flat surface where you could fit an inflatable mattress. I'm hoping something similar for the M3.

Wow just read the final production details of the Model 3 confirms the back seat will fold flat, and have enough room for a full sized person to sleep???
Look Here!
It has been known for months that the Model 3 seats will fold flat, and the Electrek article you linked to even says as much, quote "We actually already had a pretty good idea about the back seats folding flat since Musk said that a bike will still fit “no problem”..."

This is not news.

Reactions: Zoomit
This is good news! Now if Tesla can make the front passenger seat fold flat in line with the flat back seat (like the Honda Fit), now you really have my attention! I'll be able to carry building studs (the wooden kind) in there with the trunk lid closed.
Great Idea.....

Hey....lets go the whole nine yards and fold down the drivers seat also. That would work great with my pano roof as I sleep under the starts.

Reactions: Bennny and 1208

Hopefully my post made it through to Elon. Magic Seats - A solution to trunk/cargo problem. Afterall my idea of removing dashboard did :)
Honda-Jazz-Magic-Seats-Long-Mode.jpg

Honda-Jazz-Magic-Seats-Tall-Mode.jpg

Great Idea.....

Hey....lets go the whole nine yards and fold down the drivers seat also. That would work great with my pano roof as I sleep under the starts.
Honda-Jazz-Magic-Seats-Refresh-Mode.jpg