Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 back Seat fold flat!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lemme see, how did we get here? Talking about the trunk length; someone said musk said mountain bike would fit and asserted standard mountain bike is 5'6"; that transformed into "trunk is 5'6""; now tesla engineers are weak because they don't fold front seats (which we do not know as fact) to extend the 5'6" (that we don't know as fact)... Or did I miss a fact based post?
This is the internet, why would someone let a fact get in the way?

• Funny
Reactions: Model 3
5'6" is pretty bad. Had the front seat folded at least a bit, a simple inflatable part would fill the space behind it for a very decent matras
Based on your choice of wording, you have determined that you know for a fact that the Model 3 front seats will not fold forward, not even "a bit". Since no one outside of Tesla knows that for sure, and not even the Electrek.com article linked to by the OP says anything about that, I recommend that you withold your criticism until you have real world data to base it on.

Based on your choice of wording, you have determined that you know for a fact that the Model 3 front seats will not fold forward, not even "a bit". Since no one outside of Tesla knows that for sure, and not even the Electrek.com article linked to by the OP says anything about that, I recommend that you withold your criticism until you have real world data to base it on.
I am not taking anything for hard fact, but 5'6" would imply the front seat didn't particularly add to that figure, nor could.
If I were on a design team and had a 5'6" floor after a folded second row, I would declare that there is 6'6" (or whatever) of space up to the back of the front seat.
A RWD Model 3 with decent frunk would be nice for weekend trips sleeping in the car. Bikes taken along could be locked up outside.

If I were on a design team and had a 5'6" floor after a folded second row, I would declare that there is 6'6" (or whatever) of space up to the back of the front seat.
The only one to "declare" anything is someone not affiliated with Tesla. The guy talked to "some sources" who supposedly confirmed the Model 3 will have folding rear seats and, after camping out in the back of a Model S, had an epiphany that the Model 3 will likewise make a good camper and that the amount of open space for it shall measure 5 feet 6 inches in length.

Reactions: Cloxxki
I am not taking anything for hard fact, but 5'6" would imply the front seat didn't particularly add to that figure, nor could.
A RWD Model 3 with decent frunk would be nice for weekend trips sleeping in the car. Bikes taken along could be locked up outside.
I can pretty much guarantee there will be a rear rack and a roof rack as options for the Model 3. You should be able to just secure bikes, canoes, coolers, and small children to one of those for the long trips and overnighters at rest areas.

Let's have a road trip race. You with bikes on a rack, mine stuffed inside the car :)
But yeah, this will be a lifestyle vehicle most likely.
For a typical family, if they try to squeeze both parents, 2.2 kids, a dog, and 4 bicycles inside the car, I'd love to see the pictures. Granted, a canoe on the roof or a collection of bikes in a rack aren't the best thing for aerodynamics, but sometimes you have to pick your battles. You could put the bikes inside and strap the kids and dog on top, but I don't think that will help aerodynamics much, either.

For a typical family, if they try to squeeze both parents, 2.2 kids, a dog, and 4 bicycles inside the car, I'd love to see the pictures. Granted, a canoe on the roof or a collection of bikes in a rack aren't the best thing for aerodynamics, but sometimes you have to pick your battles. You could put the bikes inside and strap the kids and dog on top, but I don't think that will help aerodynamics much, either.
When I was a kid in the 80's out family had an Opel Kadett Caravan (wagon) 1.3. 45-50hp, maybe.
We brought a crazy amount of luggage (silly big tent, a full kitchen, all weather clothing, fridge, and 4 bicyles. A trailer (50cm deep or so) kept a good bit. Bikes on top. Rear seat footwells stuffed with blankets for us kids to sit comfy. And have a place for the blankets.

My example starting from the notion of sleeping in the car. Obviously not a thing to do on any sort of serious camping trip with the family. And the frunk for a good amount of bags (for 2) would be necessity more than luxury to make it work for more than a single night. For a maximum supercharging road trip on a budget I can see it might work though, if Model 3 interior is not too clumsy. In a Model S, it's been shown as really doable.