Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Car Insurance in Texas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I was just quoted $724 for six months from State Farm, which is be-nanas. Clean driving record with over 20+ years of driving and I was floored.

I saw other threads here about obtaining insurance in states like Michigan, etc., but would love to know any referrals for car insurance from other providers here in the DFW area.

Hope to hear from you!

Reactions: hcdavis3
It's not just dallas... Although I did a quote with Progressive and it is something I am looking into, 608 for 6months, 2 cars, 1 being the Tesla. I am in Houston. My current insurance with USAA is 744 for Tesla.

I will be calling for a quote shortly with Triple A. Will let you know what my rate is and I’m in Houston. I do recall the lowest deductible is 2000 for a Tesla. I might be looking to switch if other companies you can get a lower deductible.

Without knowing the details of coverage, it doesn’t seem out of line to me.

Really? I'm genuinely surprised. It does add to those cost of ownership numbers in a way I didn't anticipate. My coverage has multi-discounts due the fact that I have a lot of other insurance products with State Farm. Just didn't expect it to be that wide of a marginal difference.

Hi all,

I was just quoted $724 for six months from State Farm, which is be-nanas. Clean driving record with over 20+ years of driving and I was floored.

I saw other threads here about obtaining insurance in states like Michigan, etc., but would love to know any referrals for car insurance from other providers here in the DFW area.

Hope to hear from you!
All insurance is a scam. The only way to deal with them is keep switching.

It seems Geico/Progressive were more reasonable for me, but they keep raising the premium every 6mo too.

So, I kept ~2-3 terms with Geico, then switched to Progressive, for my 3 cars including Model 3 they first gave me $900/6mo(no accidents), then raised $300, I renewed, now about to raise another $500 for 6mo. This is outrage, so I'm done with them. Just checked today, esurance offers $850/6mo, so will go with them, then hopefully check what the Tesla insurance offers in a month.

Reactions: Spiderbird2018
Hi all,

Hope to hear from you!

I just went through this process today as I'm getting everything together for delivery with my credit union. There was an absurd difference on my quote from Geico (I have been with them for at least 17 years, multiple vehicles, house insurance with them, no accidents) compared to Progressive. I will moving my other vehicles to Progressive once I get my model 3.

I have All State. I pay $439 for 6 months for my TM3 MR. Live in north Dallas. This is including multi car discount for 3 cars. I also have my house insured under them. Definitely shop around. I have rotated between Farmers and All State the past 5 years. When rates go up, I check the other and will often find better rates.

Reactions: Spiderbird2018
Hi all,

Hope to hear from you!
What are you comparing it to? Is it possible that your previous vehicle was $25,000 and this is now double that?

I have All State. I pay $439 for 6 months for my TM3 MR. Live in north Dallas. This is including multi car discount for 3 cars. I also have my house insured under them. Definitely shop around. I have rotated between Farmers and All State the past 5 years. When rates go up, I check the other and will often find better rates.

I'll inquire with them tomorrow afternoon and compare the coverage plans. Thanks 626j. :)

All insurance is a scam. The only way to deal with them is keep switching.

It seems Geico/Progressive were more reasonable for me, but they keep raising the premium every 6mo too.

So, I kept ~2-3 terms with Geico, then switched to Progressive, for my 3 cars including Model 3 they first gave me $900/6mo(no accidents), then raised $300, I renewed, now about to raise another $500 for 6mo. This is outrage, so I'm done with them. Just checked today, esurance offers $850/6mo, so will go with them, then hopefully check what the Tesla insurance offers in a month.

Thanks for that insight M3Rider. Much appreciated.

I shopped around and found that the most reasonable quote by far came from Root Car Insurance, at $354 per 6 months. I was already a happy Root customer for a year with my previous car and was very happy to see that they believe Tesla cars are safer and less prone to problems, and therefore are cheaper to insure.
  • Tesla Model 3 Long-Range Dual Motor (2018)
  • Collision - $1000 deductible
  • Comprehensive - $1000 deductible
  • Bodily Injury - $250k/$500k
  • Property Damage - $100k
Total cost - $354 per 6 months ($59 per month)

Root Car Insurance

Full disclosure: This is a referral link. You and I both get $25 if you sign up. But I stand by my recommendation even if there's no financial incentive. Root seems like a innovative insurance company that is mobile-first, no-frills and affordable. And they love Tesla customers.