Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 dash cam bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is the “bug” where you get the red X and have to unplug and replug in the usb stick? If so, that’s exactly what I’m experiencing now and it’s driving me insane. Every single time I get in the car I have to do this, and sometimes I have to repeat 10x before it turns back on.

Upvote 0
is the “bug” where you get the red X and have to unplug and replug in the usb stick? If so, that’s exactly what I’m experiencing now and it’s driving me insane. Every single time I get in the car I have to do this, and sometimes I have to repeat 10x before it turns back on.
Yes, that is the issue. And for me I have the Jeda HUB with the SSD and it's a pain to unplug it and plug it back in because it's so snug and rubs against the carpet on the sides. That will eventually wear down the side carpet spots. I've tried just unplugging the SSD itself but that doesn't work, I have to unplug the whole HUB.

Upvote 0
I had put in a service request for this. They told me they were aware of the bug and to reformat. I'm too lazy to open the glovebox and pull out the usb and put it back in. I just reformat the usb drive. Sometime it works on the 1st try, sometimes it works on the 5th try. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I had put in a service request for this. They told me they were aware of the bug and to reformat. I'm too lazy to open the glovebox and pull out the usb and put it back in. I just reformat the usb drive. Sometime it works on the 1st try, sometimes it works on the 5th try. Hope this helps.
I don't think your service center knows what they are talking about because having to reformat is a general troubleshooting statement and not really a fix if Tesla hasn't addressed the issue in an update. And from what I've been reading everything so far has just been temporary fix.

Upvote 0