TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Dash Trim

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by doubleohwhat, Mar 18, 2018.

1. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a spare wood trash trim piece? I'm interested in purchasing one to play around with some wood stains.

2. Garrett0606

Garrett0606 Member

I am pretty sure it is not real wood but rather a wrap.

3. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

It's a thin veneer that is glued on. I would think that recovering it would be much easier or waiting for one of the aftermarket guys to come up with something.

Dash.jpg

4. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Member

Yeah. After looking into it further, you're right. It's just gonna be easier to replace it with a different veneer.

Thanks all.

5. jtri

jtri Member

Anyone know how the piece is removed? I am thinking I will make up a custom replacement.

6. Jonbaluyot

Jonbaluyot New Member

Anyone willing to make a trade for my wood dash trim? I want a white one from factory

7. 355rockit

355rockit Member

You can buy the wood trim from Tesla Service Center. I bought one. It arrived to the SC in less than a week and cost $210 with tax. I am planning on doing a light sanding and mahagony type stain and then a low gloss protective enamel.

8. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I assume it's this bit (from the parts catalog):

upload_2019-3-1_20-30-30.png

If so, I've had that part out a few times, $210 is good value. These are the two part #'s shown in the catalog:

M3, IP, LHD, DECOR ASY, WOOD
    1091225-00-F

M3, IP, LHD, DECOR ASY, ALUMINUM
    1100567-00-F

9. 355rockit

355rockit Member

Yes I bought #3 in the diagram. It is the complete plastic unit which has the wood insert.

10. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Someone on here started a thread a little while ago about how he took out his woodtrim and stained it, blackish I think. Had photos. Do a search in the Model 3 forum.