Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Data limit

Maggy78

Aug 6, 2019
London
Hi All,
Just wondering if there is any data limit for the SIM that's provided with Tesla Model 3 With premium Interior? as I have been watching some movies as well recently after the V10 update . Just want to make sure I don't over use it.

jimmymc

May 11, 2019
London
I’ve been re-watching ST:Voyager when stopped for any time at all so far. Luckily that’s in standard def. though.. so not a lot used :)

Smiddy

Jun 7, 2019
South West UK
I think i read somewhere that Tesla use a mobile provider from the Netherlands on roaming? This would explain why YouTube ads in the car are for a different country even though I have set it to UK in the YouTube app

webbah

May 22, 2012
Lucerne, Switzerland
Not totally relevant but might be an option for some. I live in an apartment without access to wifi and instead of using my phone tethered or a battery powered hotspot I chose to install this so I could always easily install updates, etc:

4G LTE Automotive WiFi Router Teltonika RUT850

Also great for watching Youtube and Netflix while charging as i have Wifi everywhere now with a Swiss SIM card. Unlocked device so would work with UK no issue as well. I have a multi-device contract here which costs me nothing more from Swisscom to have this. Also the signal is fantastic as it has 2 GSM antennas with one installed in each windshield pillar.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC