Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delay Effect on price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own an S and X getting 3 for my daughter
I assume you have waited 2 years - what’s a few more months? The waits worth it!
Breaking news Tesla misses deadlines

I will say it again. My delivery time isn't my sole concern. I am invested in Tesla to the tune of $47K. Delays make the stock go down. I hate the delays, however I have to realize that they are true otherwise I have no explanation to losing $5K in my portfolio every now and again. The stock price is more important than my delivery - to me. I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm so concerned about delivery.

Click on the report below which occurred @ 2:45 and look at what happened to the stocks in the picture.

Tesla employees detail problems with Model 3 battery production and quality control

Last edited:
I will say it again. My delivery time isn't my sole concern. I am invested in Tesla to the tune of $47K. Delays make the stock go down. I hate the delays, however I have to realize that they are true otherwise I have no explanation to losing $5K in my portfolio every now and again. The stock price is more important than my delivery - to me. I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm so concerned about delivery.

Click on the report below which occurred @ 2:45 and look at what happened to the stocks in the picture.

Tesla employees detail problems with Model 3 battery production and quality control

View attachment 275817

The article you link to references well-documented issues that were occurring in mid-December. Your stock has risen from $305 on Dec 1 to today's close of $338 in that time... a 10.8% gain. I don't think those delays are hurting you too much.

Reactions: bdy0627

View attachment 275817

If you worry about 2% dips in a stock's price you shouldn't own TSLA. That is mouse nuts and there are thousands of people willing to manipulate the stock for their gain, hence that "article". This isn't the thread to discuss stock price anyway.

I like to think of it this way, if Tesla's detractors had a solid case, why would they be keeping it to themselves rather than time and again turning to misleading framing and/or outright fabricated nonsense?

Is it possible the anonymous allegations (accurate or not) in this article are sincere? Sure, that's possible... but, those anonymous allegations, are not only vehemently denied by Tesla, they are also surrounded by narratives based on turning to Mark Spiegel for analysis of Tesla, and rehashing the company's own depiction of the state of their production up to about mid-December, as if it were both new, and an uncovering of a reality contrary to Tesla's claims (while it is, in fact, a repetition of what Tesla has disclosed).

Again, if this, or the gibberish that Jim Chanos spouts about Tesla, is the best case the bears can make about Tesla, it is quite a bullish sign.

Come on TESLA - is it possible to just make cars. Do they really have to project estimates?

A history of missing targets
Tesla has a history of setting and missing ambitious targets.

It reportedly aimed to ship its Model X gullwing vehicles to the masses in 2014, but couldn't do so until 2016.

Last year, Musk promised to deliver 1,600 Model 3s in the third quarter, but only delivered 220 of them. In a shareholders' update in August, he said the company should be producing 5,000 Model 3s per week by the end of 2017. In November, he lowered expectations, saying Tesla will be able to crank out 2,500 premium Model 3s per week by the end of March, ramping up to 5,000 per week by June.

According to shareholder updates, the company delivered fewer than 2,000 Model 3s through the end of 2017, and only the more expensive long-range ones. No $35,000 basic models have shipped as of mid-January.

Issues at the Gigafactory could hamper Tesla's ability to hit even its reined-in goals, say sources. Delays would hurt employee morale, test the patience of customers, and help electric vehicle competitors like Chevy, Nissan and China's BYD.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yuri_G
The article you keep linking to has as much factual clout as any article from The Onion. I'll help you out if you don't know what that is. The Onion - Wikipedia

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

CNBC is carrying this article as noted by Electrek.

Tesla (TSLA) shares fall after CNBC claims more Model 3 delays and quality issues

Doesn't matter though. The stock price has nothing to do with delays or quality. I believe that's what everyone is saying....right?

Enjoy.

Last edited:
CNBC is carrying this article as noted by Electrek.

Tesla (TSLA) shares fall after CNBC claims more Model 3 delays and quality issues

Doesn't matter though. The stock price has nothing to do with delays or quality. I believe that's what everyone is saying....right?

Enjoy.

CNBC carrying this? Do you take that as some kind of indication of validity to this story?

CNBC features Jim Cramer as one of their key on air people.

Here is Jim Cramer talking about how if you don’t know about and use the tool of planting false stories in the media (including his comment at the end, “... then leak it to the press. Get it on CNBC, that’s really important...”), maybe you really shouldn’t be in the hedge fund game.

CNBC carrying this? Do you take that as some kind of indication of validity to this story?

CNBC features Jim Cramer as one of their key on air people.

Here is Jim Cramer talking about how if you don’t know about and use the tool of planting false stories in the media (including his comment at the end, “... then leak it to the press. Get it on CNBC, that’s really important...”), maybe you really shouldn’t be in the hedge fund game.

lol. Have fun