Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orders shop.tesla.com cancelled 3 times with no explanations.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own Tesla Model S, have Tesla account and ordered from shop.tesla.com some stuff for my friend delivery Plaid (floor mats, cup, etc). Tesla have cancelled my order next day without any explanation. Ok, I think may be on the road cup out of stock and it is the reason, so I ordered second time w/o cup. The same issue - order just cancelled w/o any explanation. I wrote e-mail to [email protected] and no any reply for 3 days. I ordered 3rd time - cancelled by Tesla again and no reply to 3 of my e-mails during 2 weeks for now.
Please, help to understand what's going on and is it normal behaviour from Tesla???
How I can call them or contact any other way that sending e-mail to nowhere?

I dont work for tesla and have no actual idea, but I can guess. My guess is, your order is being canceled automatically by the shop software, because you are ordering something (floor mats) that is specific to a vehicle that you do not have in your tesla account.

If your car is not also a new plaid, that would be the most likely explanation.

Instead of "ordering for your friend plaid", either let them order for themselves, or if you are trying to gift it to them, buy them some tesla shop credit and let them order for themselves.

Thank you for your answer, however do you think it is quite strange approach to sales? They need at least to inform about it! The same software can send notification with the reason of cancellation or, at least, answer to the customers e-mail.
I dont work for tesla and have no actual idea, but I can guess.
I am guessing on the reason, not making any comment at all on the validity or lack thereof, of Teslas communication. As I said, I dont work there, so I dont even know the reason. I am just guessing.

You should probably Google the definition of Fraud…
I’m pretty sure I’ve got the lay of the land and know how words work. What are you confused about?

Buying an accessory online for something you don’t own and shipping it to a random address that isn’t the billing address on the card looks like a fraudulent (“wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain”) transaction to the online retailer. This is a very common way to attempt to utilize stolen credit card numbers. Fraud prevention software (that’s literally what it’s called) built in to most e-commerce platforms detects these sorts of transactions and flags them for review or cancellation. As I said, this is almost certainly why OP’s orders are being cancelled.

I think @ucmndd has it right. There has recently been a breach of Tesla account credentials. The source of the breach is unknown but there have been numerous reports in the last month of people having wall connectors ordered from their accounts and shipped to a different address. Tesla or their credit card processor is probably responding to this by blocking all orders shipped to addresses not associated with the credit card.

I’m pretty sure I’ve got the lay of the land and know how words work. What are you confused about?
Ehh you say that but the details of this don’t equal fraud
Buying an accessory online for something you don’t own and shipping it to a random address that isn’t the billing address on the card looks like a fraudulent (“wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain”) transaction to the online retailer.
No it doesn’t. Most retailers are not preventing sales based on what you previously have purchased. This is not a very common thing that Tesla does. Also sometimes seen with high value items being sold online.

There are millions of transactions a day where people ship something to an address that is different from the billing. Shipping something to a different address than billing is uber common and not an indication of fraud by itself.

This is a very common way to attempt to utilize stolen credit card numbers. Fraud prevention software (that’s literally what it’s called) built in to most e-commerce platforms detects these sorts of transactions and flags them for review or cancellation.
Most fraud prevention features cancel transactions at point of sale, especially for big companies leveraging processors like Stripe. They will fail for no CCV, billing address doesn’t match card address on file, flagged card, etc.

Even if this scenario was true, they would block OP from making future purchases with his account after the first fraudulent purchase.

As I said, this is almost certainly why OP’s orders are being cancelled.
Tesla doesn’t like people purchasing things for vehicles they don’t own for a couple reasons it seems. This seems like a likely answer to the cancellations.

Or OP has left out details that would indicate chargeback or refund fraud or something else but the details of the original post don’t suggest that.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: kg7jo- and ucmndd
To borrow a snarky quote from someone in this thread before they decided to completely change their argument and go off on a meaningless tangent to save face, you should probably Google the definition of “looks like”.

It looks like you don’t understand what fraud and e-commerce looks like. Same argument and the tangent was to help correct all your poorly informed information you put out there.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: kg7jo- and ucmndd
It gets me that I can't order normal customer installed parts from the Tesla Shop, like air filters, HEPA filters, bulbs, wipers for all models, etc. Some things we need to order from service, and then pick it up at the local Tesla Store. The whole process has not been integrated very well.

You have to think of Tesla less as a car company and more of a software company that writes very bad software. 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: DerbyDave