Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 delivered to my home 11/8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry. I don’t know what all the abbrev are yet. I ordered the dual drive, performance model with the free upgrade pkg included and EAP. Anyway, this was my second attempt at ordering. The first one was cancelled after they added the performance package. Not to be confused with the performance upgrade that I added after the fact.

Anyway, I will concur that the delivery person did try and have me sign the paperwork first before the inspection. DO NOT DO THAT. As soon as they have the paperwork done, they will be on the UBER app. I had a 5 page inspection checklist ready but I’ll say that I didn’t do a good a job as I should have. Nonetheless, it went okay. He did write a due bill for the headliner in the back seat that had a 1” gap from from the window. (My wife actually saw it when she was sitting back there). After he left, I did find a few other things but most of it was paint. The second day I had the car, I took it over to a company that does PPM. He found a section along the rear window where they had messed up the paint and tried to touch it up. The car is white and the original paint was a pear color where the touch up was flat without the pearl. I called Tesla and they set up a date in two weeks to take care of the paint issues as well as remove the rear seatbelt from the side panel where it was bound inside during production. Hard to believe they don’t check the seatbelts.

Okay, about the car. OMG! I love it. Embarrassing as this is going to sound, I bought an $80k car that I did not test drive until AFTER the delivery rep left. I know....driving the car was on the checklist but I’m telling you, the guy just wanted to drop the car off and leave. I had never even been in a Tesla before much less drive one. Fortunately, the car ran fine. The first time I drove it, the delivery guy had just left. I took my wife and learned how to drive in the neighborhood. That was one big benefit to having the car delivered. I didn’t have to learn how to drive it on the freeway ride home. For some reason Imthought maybe the car was going to come on a flatbed but I was disillusioned as the delivery rep pulled up after driving about 2 hours. What do ya do. So, back to the drive. My wife and I are in the car and we made our way to the main streets. I couldn’t wait to hit the acceleration pedal. Insane! All the YouTube videos didn’t do it justice. It feels much like a roller coaster taking off from a dead stop! My wife couldn’t deal though. When I told her I needed to name the car in the settings, she told me to name it, “Widowmaker!” Lol. At 53, I guess I’m dealing with a second mid life crisis. It’s so much fun though.

I just had solar installed at the house a week ago and I added a Tesla charger in anticipation. I’ve bought at least 6 new cars in my life and have never had a love affair with a car like I have with this one.