Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3, doors within spec or by design?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This does not look normal to me however I am thinking it could be by design to make the car more aerodynamic? Either that or I need to book a service to get it fixed. Can anyone else confirm if their front doors are flush with the rear doors? The gaps are consistent, just the front doors stick out more.

IMG_20230216_081622.jpg
IMG_20230211_125632.jpg

This does not look normal to me however I am thinking it could be by design to make the car more aerodynamic? Either that or I need to book a service to get it fixed. Can anyone else confirm if their front doors are flush with the rear doors? The gaps are consistent, just the front doors stick out more.

View attachment 907629View attachment 907628
Does your door close the same as the others (ie same amount of force) with the same sound?

Does your door close the same as the others (ie same amount of force) with the same sound?

The rear doors I find are a bit sticky and harder to open than the front doors and I can also see a bit of rubbing on the inside of the top of the rear door with the top of the rubber. Could be related?

Attachments

• IMG_20230216_124438.jpg
    IMG_20230216_124438.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20230216_124506.jpg
    IMG_20230216_124506.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 30
I've got that on my driver's side rear, other doors are good.
Booked in on Monday to be looked at.
Tesla panels are often a bit misaligned. Things are getting better as time goes on. This doesn’t look unusual.

There could be something to this.... After having my car parked at work for a couple of days in the sun the door is almost completely back where it should be.

It was fine when I collected the car new, went wonky a few days later after trying the door a couple of times.
No amount of pushing or slamming got it to close properly...
Leave it alone for a couple of days and it sorts itself out? Huh?

Anyway I have now cancelled my service call and will monitor it for a while.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman