Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Driver window problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of the blue I started having issues with my driver window.

when I open the door the window goes down a bit as expected. However as soon as I release the handle it goes right back up. Obviously this prevents being able to properly close the door. I’ve resorted to manually rolling the window down before I close the door when I remember.

I already tried recalibrating but that made no difference

anyone else having this problem after updating to V10? I’m currently on 32.11.1

Out of the blue I started having issues with my driver window.

when I open the door the window goes down a bit as expected. However as soon as I release the handle it goes right back up. Obviously this prevents being able to properly close the door. I’ve resorted to manually rolling the window down before I close the door when I remember.

I already tried recalibrating but that made no difference

anyone else having this problem after updating to V10? I’m currently on 32.11.1

You said releasing the handle, do you mean the emergency handle? Or do you mean the door open button?

Is the lamp on the very bottom of the door trim panel (puddle lamp) working? If that is unplugged, the window never stays down. Maybe it wiggled loose.

that is exactly what the problem was. I changed my puddle lamps almost a year ago. The connecting wire is so tight it was very difficult to get enough slack to easily make the connection. It must have come loose. Thank you so much. I could not find this solution in a days worth of searching.

I just had a simile issue with my new Model 3. The rear door on the driver side would slide the window down a small amount when I pulled the outer handle but would then snap back up after I released the handle So the glass then would hit the trim on the car causing scratches.

Tesla Mobil service was here and repaired it this week. He noted that my puddle light did not illuminate and also the my screen avatar did not show the rear door as open even when it was. I had made no modifications to anything - no mods. Turned out that a connector on a module in the door was not clipped in at the factory. All it took for the rear was to clip that back in then all now working 100%. But getting to that connector was hard as it lives behind the window glass. The technician had to remove the glass a bit to get his hand onto the connector. He also replaced the damaged scratched window trim. Tesla service was awesome in my opinion.

OK this solved my problem - thanks. I am frustrated at minimal Tesla service - especially in NM with no service facility. Denver, El Paso or Scottsdale, AZ are closest and more than a day's drive. Also my phone APP refuses to schedule a service - push next and it does nothing. Anyone have a solution to that!

Again thanks to generous tesla community as you all are terrific

OK this solved my problem - thanks. I am frustrated at minimal Tesla service - especially in NM with no service facility. Denver, El Paso or Scottsdale, AZ are closest and more than a day's drive. Also my phone APP refuses to schedule a service - push next and it does nothing. Anyone have a solution to that!

Again thanks to generous tesla community as you all are terrific
Best to get the service manual and visit the forums often. There's enough info here to help put the car back together lol