Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 emergency avoidance gets A+ from me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you ever need a reminder that you need to pay attention behind the wheel, here's one for ya ... too bad the video is so low res :(

Route 17 in Santa Cruz mountains can be an entertaining or miserable, or some combination ... depending on weather and traffic. But it's always a place to pay attention, proven again yesterday.

This video shows a bobcat coming from out of nowhere; lucky I saw it, lucky I could steer around and brake hard w/o someone behind me taking me out and lucky bobcats turn on a dime.

If anyone knows how to magically enhance the video like they do on TV, let me know ! :) :)

After you watch it, try rewatch while scrubbing .. and be safe out there

I'm confused, the subject is "...emergency avoidance gets A+ from me" but then you go on to say "lucky I saw it, lucky I could steer around and brake hard w/o someone behind me taking me out". So are you just saying the car handles well enough that you were able to avoid it manually, or did the car do something for you automatically in this situation?

Reactions: vickh
So are you just saying the car handles well enough that you were able to avoid it manually, or did the car do something for you automatically in this situation?

I guess I'm saying I'm glad the car's handling is sharp and predictable. My dad has accused me of being hyper vigilant (kidding somewhat but I think he means it) so I guess I'm lucky I saw that bobcat pop up over that wall and instinctively reacted so as not to hit it - and both the bobcat and I are lucky that the critter can change directions so fast, we both avoided an unpleasant outcome.

Not all cars handle that well and are predictable; it's just one reason of many I really like my Model 3