Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Evaluations can you help?

Which has a higher value?

• 2017 Wrapped EAP Tesla 3 with 7700 miles

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • 2018 1200 miles NO EAP and 1200 miles

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, a lot of you know I have changed cars a lot. I am in currently a 2017 Tesla 3 Midnight Silver with 7700 miles ish. The car has PUP, EAP and adds for paint also has a $3k ish wrap. A friend wants to trade me his 2018 1200 miles 3 with NO EAP and he is adding $6500.

What do you think? which one is better?

Would you rather have the 2017 more miles with wrap and EAP or 2018 less miles and the cash?

Attachments

• Tesla 3.1.jpg
    Tesla 3.1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 68
  • tesla 3.jpg
    tesla 3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hi, a lot of you know I have changed cars a lot. I am in currently a 2017 Tesla 3 Midnight Silver with 7700 miles ish. The car has PUP, EAP and adds for paint also has a $3k ish wrap. A friend wants to trade me his 2018 1200 miles 3 with NO EAP and he is adding $6500.

What do you think? which one is better?

Would you rather have the 2017 more miles with wrap and EAP or 2018 less miles and the cash?

Just curious. If you intended to get a color wrap, why didn't you just get black instead of paying the extra $1k for silver?

Wrap cheapens the car IMO ..you won’t get 46k when can get the federal credit plus most states have a rebate as well ...since Tesla stocked a lot of RWDs folks are getting quicker ..if you wrapped in PPF there is probably some value ..but u wrapped a unique color and don’t see many folks opting for that

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
Wrap cheapens the car IMO ..you won’t get 46k when can get the federal credit plus most states have a rebate as well ...since Tesla stocked a lot of RWDs folks are getting quicker ..if you wrapped in PPF there is probably some value ..but u wrapped a unique color and don’t see many folks opting for that

In AZ if you buy from a dealer you have to pay fees and tax and from Private Party you do not have to pay tax. So I dont think a tax credit is a big deal to everyone.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I think it will be easier to sell the white car than the wrapped car. I don't think the mileage really matters in the whole equation too much. Not sure if you can get $46k for either vehicle, but as you highlight the math will be different in different states.