Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 factory subwoofer enclosure, volume, port tuning, adapters etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm two feet in this rabbit hole with my RWD 3, got the Hansshow harness and added in a Tesla sub with an aftermarket amp. Went for a Rockford Fosgate R2-250X1 for the amp. But just doesn't feel like its where I want it yet so next step is driver upgrades. I've ordered the Alpine R2-W8D4 to slot in the Tesla sup enclosure and will design and 3D print my own bracket.

@RWAudio I don't suppose you'd mind sharing the measurements of the Tesla enclosure interface, maybe a screen shot of that sketch from your CAD? Would just save me a bit of time taking the car apart again to measure it myself.
PM sent, perhaps it will work for you, good luck.

That is such a clean install using a factory enclosure! I’m hoping to do something similar in my 2022 RWD 3. Do you think there is room to squeeze a 10” sub in the factory enclosure? Also RWAudio does your car have the Li-Ion low voltage battery, and any errors with the 500 watt amp?

That is such a clean install using a factory enclosure! I’m hoping to do something similar in my 2022 RWD 3. Do you think there is room to squeeze a 10” sub in the factory enclosure? Also RWAudio does your car have the Li-Ion low voltage battery, and any errors with the 500 watt amp?
There is quite a bit of room around the enclosure, with a spacer/adapter it might be possible to install a 10" woofer in a RWD car (where we can put the amp anywhere, it may not work with the factory subwoofer amp. When I have a chance I'll be designing a 10" adapter.

Yes I have the Li-ion 15v battery and there have been no issues so far.

There is quite a bit of room around the enclosure, with a spacer/adapter it might be possible to install a 10" woofer in a RWD car (where we can put the amp anywhere, it may not work with the factory subwoofer amp. When I have a chance I'll be designing a 10" adapter.

Yes I have the Li-ion 15v battery and there have been no issues so far.
I have read a lot of your posts, and you seem to have experience with these systems. Since you are also in Canada can you tell me where you got the scanspeak speakers from? I’m thinking about putting good speakers in. Also did you activate your tweeters along with them? I was going to message you, but my account is too new.

I have read a lot of your posts, and you seem to have experience with these systems. Since you are also in Canada can you tell me where you got the scanspeak speakers from? I’m thinking about putting good speakers in. Also did you activate your tweeters along with them? I was going to message you, but my account is too new.
I PM'd you as well. I got the first scan speaks from ebay as Solen.ca was out of stock. I purchased the pair for the rear doors from Solen, and while service was good in both cases, Solen packs their products much better. 10F/4424G00

I used a modified Hansshow harness to activate my tweeters as well as get the door mid signal that I used to install the subwoofer.

@RWAudio Thank you for all of the helpful/useful information re: sub/amp install and sharing of knowledge with the community. I'm beginning to build my sub/amp package for '23 M3 RWD with the OEM sub enclosure and EVOFFER Speaker Activation kit. I have a question re: your amplifier bracket. My account is too new to message you; would you mind sending me a PM? Thanks!

I love the idea of using a "Square" kicker, but they are not easy to find where I live. Has anyone tried any alternatives?

Looking at these but could use some help finding the best fit for the OEM enclosure and amp. Tempting to go full custom but really like the idea of getting the most out of the stock parts and spending the funds on suspension :)
  • Rockford Fosgate P2D4-8 (2x4 Ohm)
  • Alpine SWR-8D2 (2x4 Ohm)
  • ...alternatives?

Reactions: Choncho
I love the idea of using a "Square" kicker, but they are not easy to find where I live. Has anyone tried any alternatives?

Looking at these but could use some help finding the best fit for the OEM enclosure and amp. Tempting to go full custom but really like the idea of getting the most out of the stock parts and spending the funds on suspension :)
  • Rockford Fosgate P2D4-8 (2x4 Ohm)
  • Alpine SWR-8D2 (2x4 Ohm)
  • ...alternatives?
You have to be careful about depth if you want to use the stock enclosure. The Rockford is likely too deep, and the Alpine is at the limit assuming a 10mm thick adapter, however the shape of the magnet may or may not work. Also make sure you match the impedance of the subwoofer with the amp you plan on using to get the desired power level. I have more info in this thread:

Reactions: FatM3 and Kvitravn