Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 for Sale- 52k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys, got my 3 but decided I like the S way better and am going back to
that. So my 3 is for sale.

VIN in 46xxx range.
450miles. (Its 10 days old)
Pearl White
Sport Wheels
EAP activated
RWD.
Sticker price was 58k. I looked into transferring the tax credit but it can’t be done so I’m going to sell if for 52k. Let me know if you are interested.

One picture attached. I’m out of town I’ll post more Monday morning when I get home.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 374F3AA6-8A9C-4031-922D-02DE5ADE28A5.jpeg
    374F3AA6-8A9C-4031-922D-02DE5ADE28A5.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: Don TLR and JPUConn
Not that the OP would ever do it but i always wonder the logistics of selling a used 3. Your phone is used as the key, so when you sell a 3, you give the card but the OP obviously keeps their phone and tesla account. What's to stop them from later finding the car and taking it back?

Yes you transfer the car into your tesla account but we all know tesla takes their time doing that (weeks i've heard). Just curious how to protect against something like that.

This is actually a good deal for anyone who lives in a state that doesn't charge sales tax on a used car and makes too little to get the full $7500 tax credit.

Not that the OP would ever do it but i always wonder the logistics of selling a used 3. Your phone is used as the key, so when you sell a 3, you give the card but the OP obviously keeps their phone and tesla account. What's to stop them from later finding the car and taking it back?

Yes you transfer the car into your tesla account but we all know tesla takes their time doing that (weeks i've heard). Just curious how to protect against something like that.

This is actually a good deal for anyone who lives in a state that doesn't charge sales tax on a used car and makes too little to get the full $7500 tax credit.
The new owner should just turn off mobile access, that’s what I’ve done for the 2 tesla’s I have bought from private parties. I’m not sure if the phone will still work as a key if mobile access is turned off but they at least won’t know where the car is located.

Reactions: JPUConn

If I keep a copy of the standard metal key to any other vehicle I’ve sold in the past and find the car and take it with that key I would be ‘stealing’ it and not ‘taking it back’.

Reactions: dhrivnak and outie

car insurance

From someone who is selling my S to get a 3. Why did you go back?
I’ll miss the air suspension, pano roof, and trunk size. But feel that the newness and extended range will be worth it.

If you're coming from an S... I don't think you'll miss the air suspension too much; it's different but not in a bad way... the 3 drives great and the sporty suspension helps with that feeling, the glass roof on the 3 is also good. The 3 gives you a better sense of the road and your surroundings.

You'll miss the power lift gate, overall space (trunk/cabin/frunk), the driver display, steering wheel controls... but you'll get over it.

You'll be frequently annoyed with the rear view camera quality (especially if you like to drive with it on), the on-screen controls/orientation, the door handles and the phone key.

That said, if you like to drive... and you're actually just driving the 3, and not concerned with any bells... your ear to ear grin will be much wider in your 3 vs. your S.

Last edited:
Reactions: JPUConn