Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP
Model 3, 2018, black with factory rim, long range battery, 317 miles, and autopilot. $60,000. Just not a fan. Serious inquiries only please.

I guess it can't hurt to try, but if you are really serious about selling, you may want to lower your price to get a quick sale. Each day you wait, your car is losing value. The supply and demand equilibrium is starting to work against you and it's going to get worse. Tesla is delivering more and more units. Once July 1 comes around, watch out. The streets of SF are going to flooded with Model 3s.

If, on the other hand, you are trying to game the system to claim your tax credit and sell the car for the same price that you paid and that one would pay for a brand new one? Well then, carry on.

After brutal CA taxes I don't think the OP is making much, if anything, at all.

The problem is the new buyer also will have to pay taxes..
They're making a decent amount after the tax credit. With FSD and non-black paint my OTD price was $64k+, so $60k nets $7k+ from the federal tax credit. They can try to keep the CA EV rebate, but the state has a clawback provision based on how long you own the car if they want their money back. There are a ton of 3s asking for their OTD price or a little more on Craigslist.

They're making a decent amount after the tax credit. With FSD and non-black paint my OTD price was $64k+, so $60k nets $7k+ from the federal tax credit. They can try to keep the CA EV rebate, but the state has a clawback provision based on how long you own the car if they want their money back. There are a ton of 3s asking for their OTD price or a little more on Craigslist.

Good point.

Sounds like OP should lower the price but about $7K

Not a fan but you waited two years to buy one. Can you tell us what you didn't like specifically?
You know that you loose your rebate when you resell .....
Not a fan but you waited two years to buy one. Can you tell us what you didn't like specifically?
You know that you loose your rebate when you resell .....
I didnt wait 2 years, I waited two month??Given a reservation by my office. I have not utilized the rebate, it would be available to the buyer--hence the pricing to all the OP haters on here!!EAD

OP

I guess it can't hurt to try, but if you are really serious about selling, you may want to lower your price to get a quick sale. Each day you wait, your car is losing value. The supply and demand equilibrium is starting to work against you and it's going to get worse. Tesla is delivering more and more units. Once July 1 comes around, watch out. The streets of SF are going to flooded with Model 3s.

If, on the other hand, you are trying to game the system to claim your tax credit and sell the car for the same price that you paid and that one would pay for a brand new one? Well then, carry on.
check craigslist or Ebay for contemporary pricing

Do you accept trades instead?

I have a 2003 Toyota I'm not a fan of either. I'll have to deduct more than the MSRP I paid just to be consistent with your pricing, so how about the Toyota Corolla ($20k MSRP back in 2003 but I'll price it at $30k because I'm not a fan) + $30k IOU for your Model 3?

Serious inquiries only please.
yes we will accept your trade, bring your pink and meet me in the dark alley 'ron yonder

• Funny
Reactions: JPUConn
OP

Thank you, I will cogitate...