Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used the Glass Roof Sunshade from Tesla for the front? I find on sunny days here in SoCal that the heat load in the car is high even with full ceramic tint on my entire car.

I've had mine for about a year. I don't have any tint. It makes a difference in comfort when the sun is high overhead. I told myself I was going to take it off when the weather cooled down, but just left it in place because it's completely unobtrusive to me.

I just bought this one. I’m absolutely amazed at the quality and fit. The front fits so snug that you don’t even need the clips and the back fits great but needs a few clips because of how big it is.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QTX6Z1Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_l5haDb0MFGFQE

Wow that's a really good deal for both top and rear. I paid $70 for just the top from Tesla.

As for the shade itself, the glass reflects a lot of the direct heat but the glass itself really gets hot. You can feel the heat radiating off of it like a giant heat sink. The shade blocks that heat really well.

Reactions: ElectricGhost
We did a test last year and the shade does help. We had 4 Model 3 AWD in the office. We kept checking our interior temperature on our apps throughout the day. The car with the glass roof shade reached 105 last. But then after that it doesn't matter as all the car have AC on to kept at 105. LOL.