Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 harmonic bounce issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else experience something that felt like the car was bouncing? This happened to me while driving on the 401 but it went away after about a minute.

Someone else in the "What do you hate about your M3" thread mentioned that they've experienced it too so decided to create a separate thread for it.

Anybody else experience something that felt like the car was bouncing? This happened to me while driving on the 401 but it went away after about a minute.

Someone else in the "What do you hate about your M3" thread mentioned that they've experienced it too so decided to create a separate thread for it.
Yes happened to me on a long stretch between Oshawa and Cobourg. Felt as if a wheel was going to come off. I’m going to lower the tire pressure from 48 to 42.

To be fair, I have this problem in one stretch of the 416 that was just re-surfaced in 2016. It's quite annoying, but only happens when I go 120km/h. It's very likely a mix of 3 components: asphalt / car / speed. If you change any one of them, it should go away or get better.

There is a few sections of road along that stretch that are particularly "wavy", I can think of at least 3 spots with the worst one just past the Port Hope supercharger heading towards Cobourg. I checked it out in the left lane yesterday and found no issues, but I recall from my ICE cars that the right lane is particularly bad just past that last exit for about 1-2 km and will try that later today.

I also felt something like this leaving the International Centre on the 409 but then it disappeared from there. I'm glad you brought this up so we can all watch for it and get action if there is an issue. With most cars you just take it as it is, with nobody to ask. The forum is great.

Reactions: Rlhm3