Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 headlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 model 3 performance and my right headlight stopped working when I looked in service mode it said the headlight control module updates didn't match does anyone know if I can update it myself or do I have to take it tot a service center

I have a 2018 model 3 performance and my right headlight stopped working when I looked in service mode it said the headlight control module updates didn't match does anyone know if I can update it myself or do I have to take it tot a service center
You can update the software yourself by going into service mode and reinstalling your current software. However, if there is something actually wrong with the headlight or connection then it might not fix the issue.

Did the problem just pop up out of nowhere, or did it happen after an update?

Recently (Monday early-AM) updated to 2023.32.6. Monday morning I noticed the front lights (head lights/running lights, dunno) flashing/blinking. Not in any sort of pattern, very chaotic.

I was in a hurry and it was daylight out so they turned off when I left the garage. Garage temps are/were ~70F.
Last night I had to go down the road and same thing happened.

This morning I recorded it and made a service appointment. They were fairly quick to confirm the appointment. So no apparent software issue that they can download. We'll see - appointment isn't until the 19th.

Got back from lunch and the lights were steady. So I don't know if something warmed up and made things better or what. My concern is that I have to drive to the service center and maybe the problem won't manifest because things are "warmed up".

This weekend I needed to head out in the morning. I drove for 15+ minutes and it never stopped flickering. It appears to be just the right-side light. I guess it was just coincidence on the software upgrade and the blinking. I'll ask Thursday at my service appointment.

I have the same issue. After I got my model 3 back from the body shop, a few weeks later I noticed that the front light wasn't coming on. Would reinstalling the current software wipe out the existing settings?
No, reinstalling the current software version will not change your settings. It's just like performing a software update on your car, but using the same software version you already have.