Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland warning icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my M3H on Friday - in general, it's fantastic. I do however have this odd warning icon on the top right of the speed limit sign:

highland_warning.jpg

According to the manual, this signifies a system failure, so I opened a service request - Tesla say "Please note this stays visible regardless and is not a cause for concern unless followed with other actual alerts."

I'm not really convinced by that... Does anyone else have this displayed?

Cheers,
Tim

I took delivery of my M3H on Friday - in general, it's fantastic. I do however have this odd warning icon on the top right of the speed limit sign:

View attachment 1016909

According to the manual, this signifies a system failure, so I opened a service request - Tesla say "Please note this stays visible regardless and is not a cause for concern unless followed with other actual alerts."

I'm not really convinced by that... Does anyone else have this displayed?

Cheers,
Tim
What is the 70 in the circle? Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, following thread.

Just got back from a test drive of a Highland. It had the same thing. You can tap there to turn the audible alerts on and off for speed warnings.

Interestingly it was off by default on the demo car but I believe legally or to get the best NCAP ratings it has to be on each time you start the car. So I think in test drive / demo mode they are defaulting it off so the car doesn’t chime all the time and put people off buying one.

Mine is the same and always looks like this. Guess it lights up if it cannot read the speed limit?

And yes, you always need to press it when starting each time if you want to silence the speed warning.
Unless you’ve got some secret test drive / Elon mode god switch. Still I know it’s legally required and I think Tesla’s implementation of this is good as it’s always in easy reach to turn it on / off. It’s buried a few menus deep on my Eletre though the latest update bongs so quietly you cannot even hear it so I’ve not been bothering turning it off anymore.

Unless you’ve got some secret test drive / Elon mode god switch. Still I know it’s legally required and I think Tesla’s implementation of this is good as it’s always in easy reach to turn it on / off. It’s buried a few menus deep on my Eletre though the latest update bongs so quietly you cannot even hear it so I’ve not been bothering turning it off anymore.
Agree that Tesla make it easy to turn off - it’s a pain in my wife’s MG4 to find it and also when adjusting the LKA.

Thanks for the replies - at least it's not just my M3 😌

It took me a few drives to work out I could turn off the warning for the rest of the drive. I guess this implementation is about as good as possible, given the legislation.

Displaying a warning triangle for no reason seems a little daft, tho'

Reactions: zoomer0056
What is the 70 in the circle? Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, following thread.
It's how speed limit signs are designed in the UK and Europe.

Thanks for the replies - at least it's not just my M3 😌

It took me a few drives to work out I could turn off the warning for the rest of the drive. I guess this implementation is about as good as possible, given the legislation.

Displaying a warning triangle for no reason seems a little daft, tho'
Most people I know with a highland have the same, but I agree that it's misleading to have it there all the time as it causes confusion.

Reactions: zoomer0056
For what it's worth, I finally got the 2024.2 firmware update yesterday and the warning triangle has gone.

I suspect that the version it came with (2023.44.30.9) was buggy on the M3H - I also had issues with regularly losing my Tesla profile, which seem to have gone away.

Reactions: Oxid8ter
Glad to see this is being fixed. Its just a an annoyance really as the feature still works fine.

Now you are on 2024.2.X I'd be interested to see if experience the issue others are seeing on their non-highland M3 and their MY where they lose the driver assist systems, or if it is specific to pre-HW4.

Thanks.

So basically every time I drive my car I gotta hit the mute button on the speedo sign.
Yes mate, like I said before, be grateful they didn't hide it like many other manufacturersm

Yes. Not Tesla's fault though - it's EU regulations for all new cars now.
I thought that was the case but didn't mention it as I wasn't 100% 🤭

Reactions: ColR
Thanks folks. I'm not necessarily a speed limit breaker, but just recently a new road opened on my commute to work and Tesla seems to think it's a 50klm zone where it's actually a 100klm limit. So it goes off every time.

I'll just hit mute when I set off for work.

Thanks folks. I'm not necessarily a speed limit breaker, but just recently a new road opened on my commute to work and Tesla seems to think it's a 50klm zone where it's actually a 100klm limit. So it goes off every time.

I'll just hit mute when I set off for work.
I know what you mean tbh, I drive like an old man rarely going over the exact limit but on the occasion you go 2 or 3mph over it soon gets annoying.

As my Mrs is a bit more heavy footed I refuse to tell her how to turn it off as it's saving her money having it on 😂

• Funny
Reactions: rincewind and ColR