Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Homelink will not setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got pretty new ~2016 garage door openers by Chamberlain.

I have a 2018 M3LR with Homelink.

I try to set it up in Standard mode and no matter where I put the remote, it will not work (this is a brand new remote with brand new batteries).

I set it up in D-mode and it finds it right away and sets up, but then it doesn't actually open the doors.

Any ideas on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Mine doesn’t work either. After rereading the door opener manual a few times, watching all the YouTube videos and counting the number of opener devices I have that work, including old ones I threw away. I realized the garage door opener only has seven device memories to “learn”. Once you get to that number, successful and failed ones, it can not learn anymore. No memory slots unused.

I could factory reset the garage door opener, but … all the devices I use would have to be “relearned“. And I might not succeed at that effort….

I gave up.

So myq is a safer solution. Tailwind is popular too.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Need to know which part fails in order to help you more. Does the Tesla recognize your remote during learning mode? Meaning, did the headlights flash when you started the learning mode and held the remote button in front of the bumper? If that worked, then the car copied your garage door remote. The next step is for your garage opener to accept the car's rolling code. That requires activation of learning mode on the garage opener, which is different for every model.

Upvote 0
Mine (2019 MR) was working until the last update 2023.2.10 wiped all my settings from the vehicle. I will have to spend some focused time on it this weekend but I remember it was not this hard to set up initially.
The same thing happened to me. That update really sucked. I tried setting it up both ways several times to no avail. It worked just fine last week before the update.

Upvote 0