Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 HW3 retrofit failed. Advice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is in SC right now, after couple hours for the hardware installation since it was their 1st Model 3 FSD upgrade, they spent long time during which I’ve got a notification that a software update installed, I’ve been told that the update failed, and after resetting the download of the 1st out of the 3 updates needed is very slow and hopefully will be ready in the morning.

After raising concern maybe the hardware is not good, they said that they checked and the problem was that the software didn’t communicate/ matched the software.

Had to leave my car and got Uber credit to get home.

Anyone has an experience that might help me feel better about getting the car back in the morning?

That’s one of the problems being able to see some of the stuff they’re doing to your car in the app while it’s being serviced. You only get part of the picture of what’s going on at the service center and that can lead to worry and speculation. Just give them a little more time, they’ll figure it out.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
That’s one of the problems being able to see some of the stuff they’re doing to your car in the app while it’s being serviced. You only get part of the picture of what’s going on at the service center and that can lead to worry and speculation. Just give them a little more time, they’ll figure it out.
No speculation. I’ve stayed there the whole time and spoke to them.