Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 interior squeaking noises

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear a squeaking noise when driving. It sounds like it’s coming from underneath the driver’s side dash. Has anyone else experienced this and know what the issue is? I scheduled a mobile service visit, but that is a few weeks out. Video of the sound:

I’d take a long slim plastic panel removal device and slip it between the windshield and dash to see where exactly the sound might be coming from. That clicking sounds like metal on glass, not squeaking. I’d guess it’s the VIN plate which is metal, tapping the glass. Put the plastic tool there may create enough space to stop the noise.

The video is no longer up, so I can’t compare, but any chance I can get a follow up on this?

Was there an easy way to resolve the issue? Was it a common problem, and does it require service to get fixed?

I originally would have described the sound as bat noises (lol)

Ken’s description of metal on class now sounds more accurate. I gotta check it out.

The video is no longer up, so I can’t compare, but any chance I can get a follow up on this?

Was there an easy way to resolve the issue? Was it a common problem, and does it require service to get fixed?

I originally would have described the sound as bat noises (lol)

Ken’s description of metal on class now sounds more accurate. I gotta check it out.

Tesla Mobile Service found out it was coming from the front driver’s side strut. Sound went away after they spray lubricated the upper strut mount.