Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Louisiana Paperwork?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be a long shot since I was told my M3 will probably be the 2nd delivered in the state but are there any others here that have received their updated order agreement for Louisiana? I received mine on Friday and it did not list any sales tax, license or registration fees.

My DS called last night to let me know that they were awaiting payment and when I explained that I was waiting on the final amount he seemed surprised and indicated it was an error. He has said prior that Tesla will be taking care of titlling and registering the vehicle. He also said he was working today and promised to get me updated paperwork today but I’ve received nothing.

I’m curious what anyone else received for our State.

Thank you.

I took delivery of my Model 3 in September and have yet to to do TTL and Registration. When i went to a private notary who can provide these services they told me i owed $6,100 in cost. They said i had to pay close to 10% in tax on the vehicile which was 58k. Is this correct? i was forecasting closer to $2k in taxes. any info would be helpful as I need to get this done.

I took delivery of my Model 3 in September and have yet to to do TTL and Registration. When i went to a private notary who can provide these services they told me i owed $6,100 in cost. They said i had to pay close to 10% in tax on the vehicile which was 58k. Is this correct? i was forecasting closer to $2k in taxes. any info would be helpful as I need to get this done.
This sounds about right depending on what parish you are in. I budgeted for 10%. There is a table you can get online that has the different tax rates by parish and city above the standard 4% (I believe) for the State.

I'm in St. Charles parish, Louisianan. A quick google search as below with your parish will display your sales tax. I paid my taxes approx 4 weeks ago.

ss366.jpg