Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20210530_125928.jpg

Tesla of Glendale dropped this baby off this morning. Everyone still waiting, it'll be worth it!!

I just went to the Burbank pick up location. The guy said cars start to arrive June 20th and dont get scheduled for delivery til the last few days of June. Told me to ignore all estimates it won’t be sooner. The live chat told me June 4th. This is the stuff people in this thread complain about and rightfully so
Oh you went there? Are you picking up from there as well? When did you order? What specs? Or do specs matter all that much with delivery dates at this point?

Yes. My registration fees and taxes are based upon the initial purchasing cost moving forward in the state of Washington. Instead of my car being $62,000, it will show up at $50,000 and my cars taxable value will base itself off of that cost. The aftermarket upgrade of FSD is only taxed for sales tax value and will no longer influence my registration fees in the future. :)

Oh very smart. I didn't realize some states make registration cost based on MSRP.

Got a VIN and new ETA June 1-6. 978xxx

I will be contacting my SA to make sure I got a car with Tesla Vision because I want to get as new of a car as possible and hopefully ensure the 82kwh battery. Though I would be surprised if it doesn't have it at this point, we will see.
Didn’t you have to accept Tesla vision? Every car this quarter has it so not sure you need to bother asking.

Just my opinion here: the Tesla ordering process isn’t perfect, but I’d still take it over typical dealership shenanigans.

Placing the order was so easy that it made me never want to walk into a dealership again. No hours wasted negotiating, waiting, and saying no repeatedly to the finance manager. No settling for what they have on the lot, or accepting forced dealer installed options that you don’t want or need. I went in the website while I had a few quiet minutes at work, placed the order, and then finalized the order on my lunch break. Everything done on my schedule.

The wait is what it is. The last time I purchased a car that was this in demand was my Prius, and I waited just as long with no communication whatsoever. For most of the wait, I enjoyed the thrill of going in, looking at the dates, and searching the source code for a hidden VIN. Only last week when it went from a date range to a weeks range did it start to get tedious, though that’s what brought me here to you fine people.

I won’t experience delivery for another week, but everything I’ve heard recently has pointed to it being a dream. A friend who just took delivery of a MY said it took him 3 minutes, including handing over a personal check (bank transfer online wouldn’t go through) and signing 3-4 DMV papers. Again I’ll take that over the typical dealership experience.

This is the 6th vehicle I’ve purchased. 4 (3 new, 1 used) of those were from a dealership, and they were a necessary evil that I hated dealing with and playing their game. The most pleasant was the used car we bought locally from a private party through EBay. We went for a test drive, bidded and won, and went with a check to get the car.

Hey guys just wanted to post an update. Just got off the phone with my SA after scheduling delivery and he was telling me if pickup is in jersey you’re looking at second to last week of June, that if you’re in NY waiting on a vin you can call your SA and ask them to transfer a car from NJ to NY since Ny orders are supposed to be now at the beginning of June
Do you have any direct contact info with the Mt kisco office? I’ve been trying to reach some out since last friday when i got my Vin and no one is picking up the phone