Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Australia] Model Y - April/May Orders (May-Jun Delivery) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6FFCD901-09A4-4C28-B3B4-0BA6B12F447E.jpeg

EDD changes again, delayed for another 3 days 😢

Yippee
Just got delivery date 30 June
Got choice of delivery times of 10:30 through to 5pm

I'm not game to put down 5pm

(Last EDD given was 23Jun to 14Jul, prior to that it was 16-30 Jun)

Grand Eagle Fan Club Parramatta Waiting Room

12 weeks and 4 days from ordering to driving away

Last edited:
Reactions: JonDarian and 2DoGS
Bergamot ace is just floating around, waiting to get into the port to let my Model Y make its way to me… so close…
Bergamot Ace is scheduled to berth on 26/June five days later than expected. Turandot departed Shanghai on 12/June and is currently off the coast of Mackay, Qld. It's expected arrival time to Port Phillip Bay is 25/Jun. A scheduled time at the port for this vessel is not currently available. Although at least two days of waiting outside the bay should be expected

Bergamot Ace is scheduled to berth on 26/June five days later than expected. Turandot departed Shanghai on 12/June and is currently off the coast of Mackay, Qld. It's expected arrival time to Port Phillip Bay is 25/Jun. A scheduled time at the port for this vessel is not currently available. Although at least two days of waiting outside the bay should be expected
VicPorts has updates their schedule to Comet Ace (without Teslas) instead of Bergamot Ace (containing Teslas) for 26/June. Turandot is currently coming alongside Hervey Bay. Berth dates for both Turandot and Bergamot Ace are unknown at this minute

NRMA online allows you to insert when to start the policy. And that can be changed easily.
i also got the insuranceto start on the day the finance company says it will settle the transaction.
Howd they go pricewise? I got a quote for the Y Performance, jumped up to $1600, $400 more then the LR .. but seen a demo performance under LCT as of July 1st... so very tempted to upgrade since won't be seeing anything this financial..

Howd they go pricewise?
Price varies depending on your history, address where car garages, no claim bonus, member discount, agreed or market value, excess, other ancillaries such as choice of repairer etc etc etc
So it is impossible to compare what other people's insurance cost because their scenario is different.

Rather, compare the various insurance quotes for your scenario

I ordered MY-RWD-White with black interior 08/04 (Brisbane) and is still showing Est. Delivery Apr-Jun 2023. I need delivery by 30 June for this to be viable for tax purposes so this is going down to the wire. My confidence in the estimate has dropped significantly now that we are in May and it is still telling me that it could arrive in April (unless I missed an announcement about a time-travel pack?).

If I can't take delivery before the 30 June I'll have to let it go. If anyone knows of a way to get one sooner I'm all ears - happy to pay a small premium to guarantee delivery in time. I've looked at some of the guys on Facebook market place trying to sell their orders but they seem pretty shady. I'd happily pay a thousand bucks to swap orders if anyone is interested, mine should still arrive May-June, I just don't want to take the risk that it doesn't. I'll check with Tesla if they'd sanction that - they understandably frown on people trying to sell speculative orders for a quick buck, but a legit swap shouldn't have any negative side effects on the supply chain.
Probably a bit late now (I only just joined this group). I wanted one for the company this FY , and picked it up yesterday, ordered exactly a week ago. We got it within a week by ordering from the 'inventory new'. Would have ordered a different colour otherwise, but great way to skip the wait. You have to constantly monitor it - the good deals are usually dangerous up within an hour, sometimes minutes... Good luck

Hi, new member here.
MYLR | White | 20’ Induction Wheels | Black Interior | Melbourne
OD: 06/04
Vin Assigned: 12/06
Final Invoice: 19/06
Rego docs: 20/06
Fully Paid: 03/07
EDD: July 14 - July 29 (Was initially May - June, quite a bit delayed)
Haven’t been told to book the express delivery appointment yet.

Probably a bit late now (I only just joined this group). I wanted one for the company this FY , and picked it up yesterday, ordered exactly a week ago. We got it within a week by ordering from the 'inventory new'. Would have ordered a different colour otherwise, but great way to skip the wait. You have to constantly monitor it - the good deals are usually dangerous up within an hour, sometimes minutes... Good luck
Man you are really lucky. I’ve waited for 3 months for my MYLR, and the delivery dates just got pushed back again 😅