Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, skeptical that Tesla is playing unethical business practices by inflating numbers by getting people to pay, telling them they have delivery dates right before the end of the quarter/month, and you are going to show up and nothing.

I've got my delivery date on 6/29. I'm going to swing by next week and tell the SA when my car actually shows up, text me. I want to go by and look at it. If from an initial look at it, I will just show up and deny it and not take delivery. $53k for a car is ridiculous to not expect it to be basically perfect.

See if a car actually shows up before the 29th and gonna go swing by and check it out, it's on my way to/from work anyway...easy peasy. Will let you all know how the saga continues from here...got a feeling though...and it isn't good.

Ordered 4/9: 2021 M3LR AWD, Red Multi-Coat, White interior, 18" sport wheels, No FSD.
VIN received: 6/18 VIN# 5YJ3XXXXXXXXXXXX
Delivery date: 6/20 - 6/23
Just got the call! Damn, woke up today to a VIN number, estimated delivery this morning was 6/20-6/23, then that changed this afternoon to TODAY-6/21, then my phone range and they are delivering my car to my house between 2-4pm. Keep in mind I live an hour from the Fremont factory...so that certainly cut down on the transportation time.

To those my friends in So cal. Just got my VIn! White in white with FSD order on April 26 pick up at Burbank!

Finally!
BTW anyone know when can I choose the payment and pick up date? After agree the Tesla vision looks like no where to allow me choose delivery date
Don't worry, the emails start coming in quickly and the website dynamically updates to allow you to submit final payment, financing info etc...if outstanding still. Patience young grasshopper.

To those my friends in So cal. Just got my VIn! White in white with FSD order on April 26 pick up at Burbank!

Finally!
BTW anyone know when can I choose the payment and pick up date? After agree the Tesla vision looks like no where to allow me choose delivery date
First thing you'll be prompted for is your insurance. Once that's done, you'll likely have to reach out to Burbank and speak to someone to set up your delivery date and time. I got my VIN yesterday morning and reached out to them to get it done. I never got a text, e-mail, call, tweet, Myspace message, AOL message, message in a bottle, or smoke signal from my SA.

I got a VIN. I also got the final payment email this morning before I received the VIN
  • Order Date 5/18/2021
  • Buena Park Pickup
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
The refresh rate is gonna be off the charts today for me;

• Order Date 4/9/21
  • Burbank Pick-up
  • LR
  • Midnight Silver Metallica
  • 19" Sport Wheels
  • Black Interior
Officially 10 weeks into this process as of today - let something good happen!

I got a VIN. I also got the final payment email this morning before I received the VIN
  • Order Date 5/18/2021
  • Buena Park Pickup
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
The refresh rate is gonna be off the charts today for me;

• Order Date 4/9/21
  • Burbank Pick-up
  • LR
  • Midnight Silver Metallica
  • 19" Sport Wheels
  • Black Interior
Officially 10 weeks into this process as of today - let something good happen!
I seriously feel for you. That has to be so painful to see someone that ordered five weeks later then you get a VIN. I ordered one week before that person, exact same car and no VIN yet either. My pain that is so much more less then yours. Hoping you see your VIN soon!

Same car, relatively same area (Vallejo delivery) and my current EDD is 6/25-6/30. I ordered 5/13.
Hopefully your EDD stays true and you get you car as expected.
I'm kinda tired of checking my account everyday.

Interestingly, I did get the finalize payment email earlier today and that had the EDD as 9-13 weeks too.
Guess its just wait and watch. The car will get here when it will.

I seriously feel for you. That has to be so painful to see someone that ordered five weeks later then you get a VIN. I ordered one week before that person, exact same car and no VIN yet either. My pain that is so much more less then yours. Hoping you see your VIN soon!
It's happened so many times at this point, it doesn't even phase me. I've seen people who ordered in June get theirs (east coast).

Certainly not the buyer's fault either. This process is just so poorly designed and executed, and trying to make sense of it and getting frustrated when you can't will only lead to high blood pressure or an aneurysm. So, I'm just sitting here, excited but waiting patiently. I know mine is coming soon.

It's happened so many times at this point, it doesn't even phase me. I've seen people who ordered in June get theirs (east coast).

Certainly not the buyer's fault either. This process is just so poorly designed and executed, and trying to make sense of it and getting frustrated when you can't will only lead to high blood pressure or an aneurysm. So, I'm just sitting here, excited but waiting patiently. I know mine is coming soon.
Patience is not in my lexicon.😊

Reactions: JoJa15
Tesla online chat stepping on my dreams now. I decided to chat since no SA can be trusted and chat said the email went out in error to some people who it shouldn't have. They also confirmed there was no VIN assigned to my account (duh!).

I still choose to believe the local advisor in hopes they somehow know something others don't, but it's likely all BS. At least I'm out of the 9 - 13 weeks glitch now with an actual EDD. Sorry for the folks who just went to 9 - 13 weeks today, but better you than me! Lol.
I'm in AZ still in 9-13 weeks 🤬 I hope that changes shortly

First thing you'll be prompted for is your insurance. Once that's done, you'll likely have to reach out to Burbank and speak to someone to set up your delivery date and time. I got my VIN yesterday morning and reached out to them to get it done. I never got a text, e-mail, call, tweet, Myspace message, AOL message, message in a bottle, or smoke signal from my SA.
You were able to schedule a delivery once you got your VIN? I called Burbank since I received my VIN on Wednesday, and they said the car is still in Fremont being built and there's no estimate on when it will be ready, but they will call when I can schedule a delivery.

Reactions: hcdavis3