Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got off the phone with a rep. They said it was for sure a mistake email. Said my order was pushed back and expected for this week instead of today.
To be honest, I truly hope there is another competitor of Tesla. Based on this experience, if there was a competitor that had different things or lacked some things but excelled in others. I would definitely go with the competitor if the buying experience was better no 🧢.

My excitement died a few weeks ago and the lack of communication and professionalism from these damage control reps... I mean... "Sales Advisors" is ridiculous considering Tesla is the most valuable car company in the world...

Like you guys make how much a year? Yet you guys can't afford to properly train your employees? Can't afford to build more factories or pay for a competent team for mass production without every other car having a couple of cosmetic issues?
i feel like their SOPs are lacking.

Just made an account to post and have been lurking for the past 4 weeks. Someone here earlier said their SA claims that people who received an email for final payment as an error but will receive a VIN may be correct as I just got a VIN 40 minutes ago and received the error email at 6:40 AM.

Ordered 5/24
Red exterior white interior, LR AWD, 18 in aero wheel, FSD
Delivery date 6/21-6/29
I need to submit final payment now :)

I have yet to receive an email/text or any contact really from Tesla after seeing a VIN added to my account last Tuesday (6/15). However, I did just receive a call from our pickup location to set the delivery appointment for next Tuesday the 22nd at 5pm!

Just to summarize for future info gathering:
M3 LR MSM/black interior, 18” Wheels
Ordered: 5/9
VIN received: 6/15
Delivery: 6/22
Denver, CO
VIN added to account page, no texts or calls aside from final delivery appointment call.

I received the Final Payment email this morning. Checked the order page, agreed to the Tesla Vision thing, made the final payment. Used the VIN to add the Tesla to my insurance online and uploaded a copy of the insurance card. 2 hours later got a message to schedule delivery. The earliest I could do that was Monday afternoon, so I canceled all work meetings and will be picking it up then. So, 3 days from VIN to delivery.
nice gives me hope that I can still get mine before the end of the month.

To Colorado people:

There was a huge dump of new cars listed in colorado springs this morning. Including one that matched my April 19 order exactly. I called my SA and had them match that VIN to my account. They said the car is still in Fremont right now, and are looking into changing delivery to Littleton. I told them I dont care which pickup place it is, I just want whichever place is faster.

If you havent read my story earlier in this thread, I had a vin and delivery date confirmed twice. Sold my car. Then that car was undeliverable, so I am just currently without a car.

It blows my mind that they made a car EXACTLY the same config as my order from 2 months ago, and sent it to a city 30 minutes away for general sale. This has been one of the worst purchase experiences I have ever had. I honestly hope that once I get the car, I never have to deal with tesla themselves again. All the people I have talked to have been nice and helpful. But the processes and systems are trash.

That gives me about 3 days to get my vin if I want to make get it before the end of the month.
I think the chances of physically receiving your car on or before June 30th is low. Tesla considers the car "sold" to us in Texas before they put it on a train/truck to ship it here. There's still a good chance of you getting the VIN, and the schedule text before June 30th though.

I think the chances of physically receiving your car on or before June 30th is low. Tesla considers the car "sold" to us in Texas before they put it on a train/truck to ship it here. There's still a good chance of you getting the VIN, and the schedule text before June 30th though.
*sugar* at this point I would take a vin and a scheduled delivery. At least I would know what to plan for lol