Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We
CLARIFICATION FROM MY VISIT TO BURBANK

I just dropped by the Burbank location. There was an advisor who welcomed me with a friendly greeting and asked if she could help me. I told her I got an email this morning. Before I went any further, she knew which email I was referring to. She started with an apology, and then let me know that it really was a glitch. This email is not an indicator of anything else in a good way or a bad way.

She then looked up my RN# and told me (without 100% guarantee) that my car should be on a truck in Fremont on 6/22, then travel 6 hours down to Burbank. As the car is being loaded, I will receive my VIN. I will be asked to schedule a home delivery. 24 hours prior to the arrival of my car, I will be asked to complete payment. Car will be dropped off where I request with the paperwork in a FedEx envelope. Once the car is parked, I will be notified of delivery and asked to accept delivery. I will have 100 miles to drive it around and report anything I don't like and report it.

She said that the EDD changing to 9-13 weeks means absolutely nothing as it's part of the glitch that sent the email in the first place.

I'm totally cool with this, not because of anything else. I just appreciate that she apologized and offered some level of transparency.
Who did you speak with?

I can't tell if most SAs are lazy or if some are just full of crap. Every Tesla employee I've ever talked to says the date in my profile is the most accurate and they can't see anything different. Then I see people like you randomly who have SAs give them specific dates. So are the ones I've talked to just lazy or are the ones giving out specific dates full of crap?
I've had interactions with some lazy SA's on the phone as well as in person. I've also dealt with lazy employees via chat who just copy-and-paste answers back to me unless they're capable of typing 300 words per second. I've had one great interaction via phone with an SA in Fremont. I've had two great interactions with SA's in person at Burbank.

Well, I made some moves today and my wait is over. Originally placed an order on 4/9 for a Grey LR with black interior. No VIN, EDD showing 6/20-6/30. I happened to be browsing the existing inventory and found the exact same build with >50 miles. Had an impulsive moment and took it - after some calls with Tesla delivery, come to find it's a brand new car being built this weekend. It's supposed to be put on a truck on Sunday and I have an appointment to pick up at Burbank on Tuesday. How a brand new car, same build, was just sitting there and didn't go to me or someone else who has been waiting is beyond me. But, I'm done asking questions and sitting in purgatory waiting for dates. Godspeed to you all. Praying for no issues and a good pickup experience.

Reactions: Tesconnect
Well, I made some moves today and my wait is over. Originally placed an order on 4/9 for a Grey LR with black interior. No VIN, EDD showing 6/20-6/30. I happened to be browsing the existing inventory and found the exact same build with >50 miles. Had an impulsive moment and took it - after some calls with Tesla delivery, come to find it's a brand new car being built this weekend. It's supposed to be put on a truck on Sunday and I have an appointment to pick up at Burbank on Tuesday. How a brand new car, same build, was just sitting there and didn't go to me or someone else who has been waiting is beyond me. But, I'm done asking questions and sitting in purgatory waiting for dates. Godspeed to you all. Praying for no issues and a good pickup experience.

Maybe they build extra for their site for quick sales at the end of the quarter for the impulse buyers? All whiles are also built, but just kept in the dark

Odd that your SA gave you an exact date. I'm also picking up from Raintree and anytime I call them they basically tell me they can't give me any additional information beyond what my profile says until I get a VIN.
I find it very odd as well. He also steered me off of some of my recent demo interest practically reassuring me about 22nd. Well, we shall see in 4 days.
Btw, I got in touch with him through Tesla online customer support. Maybe see you there on 22nd 😉

Reactions: Lazerack
I was looking at grabbing that exact same model! I have my VIN and am waiting for a delivery date still, but when I called the Burbank location they said my vehicle was still being built and they don't have any updated delivery date for me. Hopefully my car will make it on one of those trucks...

I was looking at grabbing that exact same model! I have my VIN and am waiting for a delivery date still, but when I called the Burbank location they said my vehicle was still being built and they don't have any updated delivery date for me. Hopefully my car will make it on one of those trucks...
Yeah, I stared at the screen for a good few minutes debating and just said screw it. Should've just done that from the get-go, but oh well....

Did you have to pay the price difference?